Summer 2020 Product Analyst InternFlexsteel Industries, Inc, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. is a seating specialist with more than 120 years of experience creating fine upholstered furniture for residential, commercial and vehicle installations.
With corporate headquarters in Dubuque, Iowa, Flexsteel encompasses a nation-wide network of manufacturing facilities with operations in Dublin, Georgia; Louisville, Kentucky; Dubuque, IA; and Starkville, MS. Flesteel also has distribution centers in Kansas, Indiana, California, and Pennsylvania. More than 1750 associates are employed at Flexsteel facilities, with 350 associates employed in Dubuque.
Flexsteel is named for the unique flexible blue steel seat spring which offers durability and comfort, backed by one of the furniture industry's few lifetime limited warranties.
For more information, visit http://www.Flexsteel.com.
The Product Analyst Intern will support the Product group initiatives within the industry and will support internal Flexsteel data analysis by developing and executing on processes to collect, analyze, distill, and disseminate data.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support Product group in the creation of Design Briefs and Business Cases for new products and/or product line enhancements-including competitive landscape, internal positioning (Value Profile), market trends. This may involve engaging other groups within the organization.
- Support research of new and enhanced products by tracking external trends in color, materials, home design, and generations. This may involve engaging external partners.
- Research market and business needs and translate them into product requirements. This may involve engaging internal and external groups such as Sales, Customer Support, Retail Partners/Dealers.
- Track new and core product metrics on a regular cadence and use data visualization (i.e. create reports, graphics, or dashboard) to assist Product group in effectively managing product lifecycles.
- Work with the Product group in determining analytical improvements that will drive achievement of team’s strategic and business objectives. This may involve engaging internal expertise in Finance and IT groups.
- Support the creation and/or ongoing maintenance of a Key Competitor Library/Repository.
- Perform other duties as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- Basic understanding of financial measurements including profit, pricing, and cost
- Quick onboarding required regarding Flexsteel product line and competition. Will require study of products and competitors’ products by category
- Support research for new product development
- Strong cognitive skills
- Ability to run reports and analyze data in order to support product management decisions
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office with strong skills in Excel
- Intermediate writing skills-Able to convey information clearly, concisely, and consistently
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. offers a competitive salary, along with an excellent full-time benefits package, paid holidays, a friendly, supportive work environment, Flexsteel furniture discounts, and professional growth opportunities.
EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran
Please apply online at http://www.flexsteel.com/about-us/careers
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|