Production Coordinator - Nutrition - Full Time - EveningsMercyOne, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Mercy Medical Center is a not for profit Catholic hospital serving the tri-state area of Iowa, Illinois and Wisconsin since 1879. Mercy – Dubuque has 263 beds while Mercy – Dyersville is a critical access hospital with 25 beds and a 40-bed nursing home.
Mercy offers a full range of acute care services, including invasive cardiology and open-heart surgery, Level II trauma center, Level II regional neonatal intensive care unit, general and orthopaedic surgery, psychiatric services and inpatient physical rehabilitation. Mercy also operates two hospital-based skilled nursing units, extensive outpatient rehabilitation services, home health care, retail pharmacy and a wide range of outpatient, community and business services. Mercy’s 1,300 full- and part-time employees and medical staff of 230 care for more than 56,000 inpatients and outpatients each year.
The hospital is accredited by The Joint Commission and achieved Magnet designation, the gold standard of patient care, in 2004 and was redesignated a Magnet hospital in 2009.
Mercy Medical Center is a member of Mercy Health Network in Iowa and is a Ministry Organization of Trinity Health based in Novi, Michigan.
Mercy is an organization that values and encourages diversity. To learn more about Mercy and its opportunities for employment, please see the postings listed on this site or visit our website at www.mercydubuque.com.
Under the general direction of the Executive Chef, responsible for providing leadership for the day-to-day production and service of the cafeteria, tray line, 3rd shift food service venue, Child Development Center, Doctor's Lounge, back-of-house kitchen and catering events for the Nutrition Department. Actively participates in and supervises food ordering, production, service, cash-handling, sanitation, housekeeping, and facilities maintenance. Assist with the organization and staffing of full-time and part-time personnel in order to meet departmental goals of serving high quality and safe meals to patients, staff and guests of MercyOne Medical Center. Assist in the departmental decisions with implementing the philosophy, objectives, standard of care, policies and procedures of the Nutrition Department and MercyOne Medical Center.
- A minimum of two years' experience working as a supervisor in a food related environment. Understanding of quantity food production, healthcare, retail/convenience store food operations and catering experience is preferred.
- A minimum of one year point of sale system and computerized food system software experience.
- Serve Safe Certified and/or Certified Professional Food Manager Certification preferred. Must be completed within six months of hire.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. A two year degree in hospitality management or business preferred.
- Child and Dependent Adult Abuse Mandatory Reporter Training is required within 6 months of hire and every 3 years thereafter.
Work: 11:00am-7:30pm, Sunday-Saturday, everyother weekend/holiday rotation.
This listing has expired
Food and Beverage
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|