Beam Weld SupervisorFARMTEK, Dyersville, IA
This listing has expired
FarmTek offers commercial greenhouses and accessories, garden supplies, tension fabric buildings, portable garages, barn curtain, livestock and poultry housing, heating and cooling products, electrical and plumbing supplies, building materials, agricultural supplies, and more to help you manage your farm, nursery, business or home. Serving the agriculture industry since 1979.
The individual in this position will report to the Weld Shop Manager. This individual is responsible for working closely with the Manager in managing and supervising the activities in the Beam building for Tack, Weld and Beam Line Operator team members. Assist in scheduling, delegating and coordinating departmental activities to fulfill work orders, meet inventory accuracy and deliver manufactured products. Serve as a mentor to other current and new team members to meet company organizational goals and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and coordinate activities of team members engaged in tacking, welding and beam line operations. Supervise and coordinate activities to ensure best utilization of labor, materials and exercise discipline on the department working with the Weld Shop Manager.
- Participate in the interviewing and selecting process by interviewing applicants, giving candidates tours and giving recommendations to the Weld Shop Manager.
- Responsible for reading and understanding specifications, drawings or other related project and engineering documentation.
- Maintain welding, tack and beam line machine supplies such as filters, gas, flux, fixtures and other supplies also including PPE for the area and ensure team members have what they need on a continual basis.
- Manage operations in those areas and ensure adequate coverage for assigned tasks.
- Enforce all ESAPCO policies, procedures, work rules and safety policies.
- Set priorities using the reports specific to the area.
- Ensure team members are completing their safety checklists in Site Docs daily, weekly or monthly as they need to complete them.
- Prepare orders ahead of what is released as required by management.
- Propose improvements in those areas. Complete requisition forms as required and talk with Weld Shop manager on the nature of the issue, expenses required, how the solution will benefit the team, where to get equipment and total cost and cost savings.
- Suggest production or inventory control processes that will minimize or eliminate problems.
- Inspect work or confer with Weld Inspectors to maintain specified standards and quality.
- Train team members in their areas of Weld, Tack and Beam Line Operations of machines and equipment.
- Must be an excellent communicator. Able to give instructions in an efficient and effective way to the team. Ensure optimum utilization of available work with overall objective of successful completion of projects.
- Ensure all weld, tack and plant equipment and machines are maintained and current operable, calibrated and in good condition.
- Must be certified and trained to operate a forklift and combi.
- Operate other equipment as needed such as grinders, drill presses, saws, hoists, slings etc.
- Responsible along with the Weld Manager for the overall safety of the department. Ensure everyone is following safety rules, policies and procedures and ensure employees are not putting themselves in harm’s way.
- Report any maintenance issues to the Weld Manager and put in a fix it ticket. If machine or equipment needs to be locked out contact Maintenance right away and ensure no one operates the machine or equipment. Work with maintenance personnel as needed.
- Be a team player and a role model. Contribute to a positive atmosphere of cooperation, productivity, team spirit and be a champion of the strategic plan.
- Assist with training employees as directed by management. Be a mentor and a teacher.
- Keep workspace clean and organized and assist other employees with this initiative as well.
- Continue to work with the Continuous Improvement department to work on lean initiatives and safety items.
- All other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensures tasks are executed in the most effective manner regarding time, cost and function.
- Must have experience working with blueprints, engineering drawings or other specifications.
- Knowledge of the welding machines and weld procedures.
- Knowledge of gauges, micrometers or calipers.
- Determine the kinds of tools and equipment needed to do the job.
- Background in safety compliance including Lock Out/ Tag Out procedures.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Strong communication skills along with strong interpersonal skills.
- Performs at top notch level.
- Takes direction and constructive criticism well from management.
- Strong positive attitude and a team player.
- Ability to handle the position under time constraints and stress.
- Some computer experience required.
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent. Two years or more of welding experience is preferred. Must be able to pass the CWB welding certifications. Supervisory experience preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, policies and procedures, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Must be able to read, understand and speak English.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to talk, hear and see. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. In addition to the lifting the job requires various carrying, pushing/pulling, kneeling, crawling and squatting.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The job is required to be performed inside and outdoors exposed to all sort of weather elements including hot, humid, dry dusty and cold conditions both inside and outside. Noise level is moderate to loud for this position.
This listing has expired
Skilled Labor Trades
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|