Safety and Human Resources ManagerSedona Staffing Services,
This listing has expired
Sedona Staffing Services is a, global staffing, recruiting, and executive search firm. We locate qualified professionals, who excel in their careers, and provide customized staffing solutions for our client companies. Nationally, we're part of , a global recruiting network, whose reach allows Sedona to recruit skilled candidates for highly technical, medical, executive, or hard-to-fill positions.
In summary, Sedona specializes in finding the right fit for both job seekers and businesses.
Our customized staffing solutions help businesses reduce costs and risk, increase efficiency, and provide flexibility.
Job seekers benefit from our free services and vast employer connections that aid in their job search and placement.
Site HR & Safety Manager
Location: Dubuque Ia
Job Type: Full-time
Position Purpose: Provide human resource and safety, environmental and health leadership, support and knowledge to the site team. Serve as the primary point of contact and Liaison for all related duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates the values and business principles of the company
- Works safely at all times
- Monitor and facilitate staffing activities; coordinate local recruiting, hiring, orientation and retention efforts at site with the assistance of the Corporate talent acquisition team and local staffing partner;
- Oversee the progressive disciplinary program for the site
- maintain labor harmony by working together to accomplish goals that will benefit both employee and company. Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances and other issues.
- Investigate or facilitate the investigation of out of standard behaviors; recommend appropriate actions based upon the facts of the case; Serve as Liaison with Corporate functional teams as needed
- Partner with corporate safety management and site facility management to advance the safety leadership skills among management and employee teams to assist in anticipating, identifying and evaluating hazardous behaviors, work practices and conditions.
- Effectively lead by guiding and educating internal operational partners on safety best practices and safety policies/procedures with the goal of continually reducing the onset of injuries and improving site safety performance.
- Periodically review, analyze, and report lead/lag safety data to site Operations leadership as it pertains to injury prevention efforts.
- Coordinate compliance programs/procedures with responsible facility personnel.
- Develop, coordinate and/or lead local safety training and education processes.
- Maintain safety training/medical records in accordance with company policy and legal requirements.
- Ensure all incident/injury reports are submitted properly in accordance with company policy.
- Serve as primary liaison between sites and the Workers' Compensation Manager with regards to injury (Workers' Compensation) claims.
- Management of the Site Safety Team activities.
- Communication-Effective verbal and written communication
- Active Listening - Attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made and asking critical questions as appropriate
- Adaptability- Willingness to deal with unexpected challenges or circumstances
- Problem Solving- Defines complex problems and brings about viable solutions
- Leadership -Serve as a responsible company representative
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Safety, Health and Environmental knowledge base with the ability and interest to expand through collaboration, work experience, and formal & informal continued learning.
- Human Resources knowledge base with the ability and interest to expand through collaboration, work experience, and formal & informal continued learning.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to lead by influence
- Effective interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- 3-5 years of safety experience
- 2-5 years experience with OSHA regulations
- Previous Human Resource experience
- Previous work experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment
- 5+ years of progressive management experience
- Previous experience in an organized labor environment
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
Please submit resume to Heather@careerpros.com
Sedona Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This listing has expired
|Years of Experience||--|