Accounting InternshipColony Brands, Inc., Monroe, WI
This listing has expired
Colony Brands together with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies, are a successful, multifaceted enterprise consisting of numerous multichannel retail brands, several operational support companies and a portfolio of affiliate businesses. Headquartered in Monroe, Wisconsin, we deliver an array of products and services to our customers and clients. With over 90 years in business, Colony Brands, has become knowledgeable and proficient in what we do. Operational support subsidiaries and affiliate businesses provide marketing, consumer credit, collections, product sourcing, information technology, wholesale food and charter aviation. Together these provide business solutions and drive success for the entire enterprise and empower outside clients to reach their business goals.
Colony Brands is an empowerment enterprise. As an employee of Colony Brands, you’ll contribute to the success of one or more of the enterprise’s brands or companies. And, no matter where you apply your talents in the enterprise, or what your job description may be, you’ll be working with every other employee to reach one overarching goal: to empower our customers and the people in the communities we call home. We do this so that the people whose lives we touch, in the course of doing business, may live richer and fuller lives.
Learn more here: https://www.colonybrands.com/
The Accounting Internship will begin in June and end in August 2020.
What You’ll Do & Learn
You’ll perform a variety of duties such as prepare monthly journal entries, general ledger account analysis, bank reconciliations, inventory analysis, process accounts payable invoices, and work with Accounts Receivable staff to help apply customer payments. You will also assist with a variety of Accounting Department related projects. In addition, you will be responsible for:
• Preparing and inputting monthly journal entries into the Great Plains Accounting Software
• Analyzing account/budget variances, preparing estimates
• Inputting Financial Statements from Renovo software and preparing the reports for distribution to management staff
• Prepare invoices for payment, matching purchases order and receiver documents to determine proper approval for payment.
• Reconciling Inter-Company accounts payable and receivable accounts
What it Takes
We are currently looking for highly driven students pursing a degree in Accounting with excellent communication skills, both oral and written form. Ideally, you will have knowledge of basic Accounting functions and experience inputting data. In addition, we are looking for:
• At least Junior Senior standing, recent graduates may be considered
• Cumulative GPA of 2.80 or higher
• Have a basic understanding of Accounting software
• Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills to balance multiple projects
• Strong MS Excel Skills
This listing has expired
|Years of Experience||--|