Technical Design/Apparel Quality Assurance InternshipColony Brands, Inc., Monroe, WI
This listing has expired
Colony Brands together with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies, are a successful, multifaceted enterprise consisting of numerous multichannel retail brands, several operational support companies and a portfolio of affiliate businesses. Headquartered in Monroe, Wisconsin, we deliver an array of products and services to our customers and clients. With over 90 years in business, Colony Brands, has become knowledgeable and proficient in what we do. Operational support subsidiaries and affiliate businesses provide marketing, consumer credit, collections, product sourcing, information technology, wholesale food and charter aviation. Together these provide business solutions and drive success for the entire enterprise and empower outside clients to reach their business goals.
Colony Brands is an empowerment enterprise. As an employee of Colony Brands, you’ll contribute to the success of one or more of the enterprise’s brands or companies. And, no matter where you apply your talents in the enterprise, or what your job description may be, you’ll be working with every other employee to reach one overarching goal: to empower our customers and the people in the communities we call home. We do this so that the people whose lives we touch, in the course of doing business, may live richer and fuller lives.
Learn more here: https://www.colonybrands.com/
The Technical Design/Apparel Quality Assurance Internship will begin in June and end in August of 2020.
What You’ll Do
At Colony Brands, our Technical Design and Quality Assurance teams work with collaboratively with our Merchandisers, Designers and Vendors to build our product from the “front-end”. Your work will center on garment construction and fit of apparel for selected company brands and catalogs Missy & Plus sizes. Your work will involve preparing specifications, fitting and providing correction directions to vendors from live model fit sessions. You’ll communicate with internal team members to acquire samples, specs, and other needed information or documentation. You’ll also contribute to:
• The technical design process from initial development to final fit in specific classifications of product with a heavy focus on fit skills
• Identifying problem items early in the spec development phase so that corrective action can be taken prior to factory issue
• Development hand-off meetings and determining technical design related requirements for all products
• Relaying information, changes, and feedback from fit sessions to Merchandisers, Suppliers, & internal team members
• Exposure to Returns, customer comments, action items, and problem resolution.
What It Takes
We are seeking someone with good communication skills, who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment. Ideally you will be pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Fashion Design/Merchandising with an emphasis in Design/Patternmaking/Draping. In addition, Internship Applicants must:
• Be a Junior or Senior in college
• Have a 2.8 cumulative GPA or higher
• A good working knowledge of MS Office and Windows applications, Adobe Illustrator
• Above average organizational skills
This listing has expired
|Years of Experience||--|