Safety InternshipColony Brands, Inc., Monroe, WI
This listing has expired
Colony Brands together with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies, are a successful, multifaceted enterprise consisting of numerous multichannel retail brands, several operational support companies and a portfolio of affiliate businesses. Headquartered in Monroe, Wisconsin, we deliver an array of products and services to our customers and clients. With over 90 years in business, Colony Brands, has become knowledgeable and proficient in what we do. Operational support subsidiaries and affiliate businesses provide marketing, consumer credit, collections, product sourcing, information technology, wholesale food and charter aviation. Together these provide business solutions and drive success for the entire enterprise and empower outside clients to reach their business goals.
Colony Brands is an empowerment enterprise. As an employee of Colony Brands, you’ll contribute to the success of one or more of the enterprise’s brands or companies. And, no matter where you apply your talents in the enterprise, or what your job description may be, you’ll be working with every other employee to reach one overarching goal: to empower our customers and the people in the communities we call home. We do this so that the people whose lives we touch, in the course of doing business, may live richer and fuller lives.
Learn more here: https://www.colonybrands.com/
The Safety Coordinator Internship will begin in June and end in December 2020.
What You’ll Do & Learn:
The Safety Coordinator Intern has the responsibility of coordinating the safety training programs within the Fulfillment department under the direction of the Corporate Safety Department and the Facility Manager. This will include the development, implementation, and monitoring of the corporate Safety programs within the facility. This position will be responsible for ensuring that the facility has implemented the required elements of the corporate safety programs and accident reduction programs. In addition, you will be responsible for:
• Investigating accidents in order to provide information to the Safety Department and Facility Safety Representative.
• Conducing reviews of the company’s safety policies and procedures
• Assisting the Corporate Safety Department and Facility Safety Representative with the implementation and compliance of applicable OSHA programs, along with performing the safety portion of new employee orientations
• Performing Job Safety Analysis on specific jobs to minimize the risk of these potential safety hazards
• Auditing certain elements of the safety program to ensure compliance.
What it Takes:
We are currently looking for highly driven students pursing a degree in Occupational Safety or Industrial Safety Management or related majors with above average communication skills, both oral and written form. Ideally, you will have a working knowledge of forklift safety procedures and experience training groups of people. In addition, we are looking for:
• At least Junior Senior standing, recent graduates may be considered
• Cumulative GPA of 2.80 or higher
• Possesses knowledge of OSHA regulations and other safety-related procedures
• Able to communicate with a variety of personality types
• Capable of working independently with limited supervision
• Ability to speak in front of large groups of people
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
This listing has expired
|Years of Experience||--|