Inventory Coordinator IIUnityPoint Health Finley Hospital,
This listing has expired
A CAREER AT UNITYPOINT HEALTH - FINLEY HOSPITAL
UnityPoint Health team members come for a job, but stay for a career. As a team member, regardless of your position, you'll get the chance to change lives on a daily basis in order to deliver our vision of the Best Outcome for Every Patient, Every Time. That privilege drives employees' passion for making a difference in the lives of our patients, helping them create healthier, more rewarding lives.
At UnityPoint Health - Finley Hospital, we know our collective actions determine the experience we create. Our team members strive to work as one through four key values:
* Foster Unity
* Own the Moment
* Champion Excellence
* Seize Opportunity
If you are interested in joining our team, please visit http://www.unitypoint.org/dubuque/employment-opportunities to learn about our many opportunities and to fill out an online application.
ABOUT OUR HOSPITAL
UnityPoint Health Finley Hospital is a 126-bed community hospital. We employ more than 800 full-and-part-time employees. Finley Hospital is a not-for-profit, locally owned, regional healthcare facility part of the UnityPoint Health system. Finley Hospital is committed to bringing the best medical care to the tri-state area. We offer comprehensive, full service health care that is coordinated around our patients. We have consistently been recognized as a leader in health care.
Work hours will be Monday - Friday, 6:00 am to 2:30 pm, for 80 hours per pay period, and as needed. You will be required to flex to other shifts as needed.
The Inventory Coordinator maintains sufficient inventory of supplies to meet customer needs while coordinating the daily activities of the Supply Chain team ensuring that all supply processes (receiving, distribution, inventory management) are completed in a timely and accurate manner. Assists with the implementation of system/regional value analysis team supply standardization. Serves as inventory consultant in reporting of all UPH Finley Hospital supply inventories and service lines.
- Maintains appropriate supply levels within perpetual warehouses and par locations through monitoring and adjusting inventory levels based on usage patterns derived from accurate and timely electronic documentation of transactions for all responsible inventories.
- Displays thorough understanding of specialty products and procedures as well as analytical skills necessary to balance clinical needs and cost
- Acts as a liaison between clinical services department, supply chain and physicians to ensure needed products are available in the most efficient, cost effective manner
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining a computerized inventory of specialty products used within procedural area
- Collaborates with Central Procurement and all other Service Lines with inventories to minimize interruptions in service, supply shortages and inventory management improvement.
- Monitors the back order/open orders report to maintain product availability. Manage required substitutions resulting from back orders and communicating with all clinical and departments needing information related to changes in supply availability.
- Arranges and manipulates shelving/labeling in supply chain areas to create efficient stocking/picking workflow and minimize overstocking.
- Coordinates ongoing cycle counting for assigned supply warehouses, recommending improvements to inventory management process to improve the accuracy of stock on hand.
- Reviews Manufacture Recall notices and works with end users to remove any affected product from UPH Finley Hospital
- Coordinates inventory management of supplies to assist in disaster response and recovery as part of the UPH Finley Hospital Emergency Incident Command System.
- Assists with the coordination of the daily work assignments of supply chain staff, assisting staff as necessary
- Serves as consultant and trainer for supply chain staff instructing them on best practices related to inventory management
- Provides feedback to Supply Chain management on staff performance
- Project manages supply and equipment conversions in collaboration with Supply Chain Leadership
- Training resource for staff on MMIS software for inventory as needed and requisitioning process for procurement.
- Provides Supply Chain Leadership with information from regular cycle counting, supply utilizations, or other conditions, which may affect UPH Finley Hospital operations or budget planning.
- Maintains an effective donation/remedy tracking spreadsheet to assist Supply Chain Supervisor with Community Benefit Reporting.
Key Accountability: Purchasing
- Places orders for supply replenishments in a timely manner.
- Performs Requisitioning/Purchasing functions as assigned.
- Educates end-users on Requisition Center and other Lawson needs.
- Associates degree or 3 years equivalent experience in an inventory management position required.
- Must read, write, speak, and comprehend English fluently.
- A minimum of three years’ experience as a hospital or retail purchasing assistant or progressive experience in a hospital purchasing area is required.
- Experience with an automated inventory system required.
- Proficient with business tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must be self-directed and assume responsibility for timely completion of job responsibilities.
- Must be able to perform math calculations.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must be able to communicate effectively to negotiate purchases.
- Spatial perception required to plan for supply storage.