Planning InternshipColony Brands, Inc., Monroe, WI
This listing has expired
Colony Brands together with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies, are a successful, multifaceted enterprise consisting of numerous multichannel retail brands, several operational support companies and a portfolio of affiliate businesses. Headquartered in Monroe, Wisconsin, we deliver an array of products and services to our customers and clients. With over 90 years in business, Colony Brands, has become knowledgeable and proficient in what we do. Operational support subsidiaries and affiliate businesses provide marketing, consumer credit, collections, product sourcing, information technology, wholesale food and charter aviation. Together these provide business solutions and drive success for the entire enterprise and empower outside clients to reach their business goals.
Colony Brands is an empowerment enterprise. As an employee of Colony Brands, you’ll contribute to the success of one or more of the enterprise’s brands or companies. And, no matter where you apply your talents in the enterprise, or what your job description may be, you’ll be working with every other employee to reach one overarching goal: to empower our customers and the people in the communities we call home. We do this so that the people whose lives we touch, in the course of doing business, may live richer and fuller lives.
Learn more here: https://www.colonybrands.com/
The Planning Internship will begin in June and end in August of 2020.
What You’ll Do & Learn
As a Planning Intern you’ll be assisting with the financial analysis of the business as well developing seasonal financial plans at the category and product level to drive sales and maximize profit. You’ll develop & apply sales forecasting curves for catalog items through statistical analysis. In addition, you will be responsible for:
• Determining forecasts for product to meet financial targets for the season and each catalog
• Analyzing reports and data to determine trends by catalog, category, price point, positioning, etc.
• Analyzing sales and profitability information for current performance and comparing to historical results & plan expectations.
• Working with cross-functional partners on business analysis and financial target setting as well as a collaborative intern project.
• Performing daily forecast system tasks/updates as necessary to ensure we are in sync with the mainframe at all times
What it Takes
This position requires initiative and the ability to be self-sufficient and efficient. Ideally, you will be working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Marketing, or Statistics.
• At least Junior Senior standing, recent graduates may be considered
• Cumulative GPA of 2.80 or higher
• Exceptional verbal communication and presentation skills
• Keen attention to detail
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
• Strong Excel abilities and the ability to work in multiple databases
• An extensive knowledge and use of MS Office and Windows applications
This listing has expired
|Years of Experience||--|