Engineer InternEast Dubuque Nitrogen Fertilizers, East Dubuque, IL
This listing has expired
East Dubuque Nitrogen Fertilizers, LLC, located in East Dubuque, Illinois, uses low-cost, North American natural gas to produce nitrogen fertilizer. The plant primarily includes a 1,025 ton-per-day ammonia unit and a 1,100 ton-per-day UAN. The facility is located on a 210-acre, 140-foot bluff above the Mississippi River with access to the river for loading certain products.
This intern position will be responsible for researching, developing, and assisting with improving manufacturing processes, methods, and systems for products, facilities, fixtures, tolling, equipment, and/or materials. The intern will be assigned a mentor to assist with personal goal setting for the internship. The internship will include awareness training and an orientation to Health, Safety, Security and Environmental regulations at the Nitrogen plant.
- College student with an engineering major in (Mechanical, Chemical, Environmental, Safety) who has completed or entering into their Junior or Senior year at an accredited College or University.
- Cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, preferred.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and presentation skills.
- Expert technical skills in Microsoft Office Suite and other related platforms/systems.
- Out of the box thinking, problem solving, relationship building and interpersonal skills.
- Collaborative team player with ability to partner and liaise with varying levels and departments within the organization.
- Highly organized, efficient with process improvement mindset and skillset.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to understand and follow specific plant procedures for safety.
- Previous work and/or coursework experience with manufacturing/process engineering, preferred.
- Fluent in English, oral and written required.
- Ability to adjust schedule to meet business needs.
- Ability to adjust to frequent change and adjust schedule as needed to reach Departmental goals.
During the course of the internship, the intern will participate in the following:
- Safety and Team meetings.
- Work performing preventative maintenance.
- Work to perform troubleshooting and instrument repairs.
- May shadow Plant Operators.
- May shadow a Laboratory Technician.
- Observe an Instrument Technician testing an Instrument Protective Function (IPF).
- Make computer entries.
- May operate equipment.
- May participate in Lock-out/Tag-out process.
- Regularly Communicate with supervisor work progress, concerns and questions.
- Facilitate a meeting.
- Show forth progress made on all goals set at beginning of internship.
- Learn how to develop and test work methods and procedures.
- Ensure the performance/quality of materials, products, and machines meet specifications and standards.
- Ensure technical outcomes are consistent with established engineering principles and practices while adhering to customer and company technical, system, performance, and quality requirements.
- Adherence to all company policies and procedures.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States. The Company will not sponsor immigration or work visas.
CVR Energy is an EEO and affirmative action employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply.