Hirschbach Motor Lines is a refrigerated carrier established in 1935. Proudly family owned, Hirschbach's refrigerated fleet is among the newest, most fuel efficient, and environmentally friendly in the trucking industry. We specialize in delivering fresh and frozen products across the United States along with offering experience in handling dry goods. Hirschbach is a company built on strong relationships with our family of customers, drivers, employees, vendors, and partner carries. We welcome you to join our family!
The LAN Administrator is responsible for personal computer based Local Area Networks throughout the organization. This position plans, organizes and controls personal computer (PC) Local Area Network (LAN) operations, software usage, and systems analysis. The LAN Administrator is also responsible for any employees or outsourced resources in their activities on the PC LANs.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitors all Local Area and Wide Area Networks for proper performance and take corrective action as required.
- Administers the network anti-virus server to ensure all computers are protected with current anti-virus software.
- Administers the network software patch management server to ensure all computers are current with applicable software updates.
- Administers the VMware servers and virtual desktop environments, keeping these systems at their highest level of operational readiness.
- Maintains LAN database to ensure all LAN hardware and software is accounted for.
- Administers VOIP telephone system, including basic level troubleshooting, setting up new user accounts, adding new handsets and coordinating with outside vendors when complex issues arise.
- Maintains VMware Site Recovery Manager application to ensure network servers can failover to the Disaster Recovery hardware with little or no notice.
- Administers network backup server to ensure all required servers are being backed up nightly.
- Performs network and systems troubleshooting as required. This includes leading internal troubleshooting efforts as well as involving outside vendors to resolve problems and keep critical systems operational.
- Participates in Helpdesk duties, working to resolve problems reported to the IT department, in the most timely and efficient manner.
- Provides technical guidance to LAN Admin Assistants as needed.
- On call duty shifts as scheduled.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of IT
- Associate's degree in Systems Administration or related discipline. Two years of relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement.
- Knowledge of Windows server and desktop operating systems, VMware vCenter and ESXi software, SonicWall network firewalls, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, Cisco VOIP phone systems, Brocade network switches, System performance monitoring tools.
- Ability to plan, organize and document complex system design activities and to configure systems to be consistent with institutional policies/procedures
- Ability to perform multiple tasks concurrently and respond to emergency situations effectively.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
EOE. Offer of employment is contingent on the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|