Health Safety and Environmental (EHS) EngineerSedona Staffing Services, Dyersville, IA
This listing has expired
Sedona Staffing Services is a, global staffing, recruiting, and executive search firm. We locate qualified professionals, who excel in their careers, and provide customized staffing solutions for our client companies. Nationally, we're part of , a global recruiting network, whose reach allows Sedona to recruit skilled candidates for highly technical, medical, executive, or hard-to-fill positions.
In summary, Sedona specializes in finding the right fit for both job seekers and businesses.
Our customized staffing solutions help businesses reduce costs and risk, increase efficiency, and provide flexibility.
Job seekers benefit from our free services and vast employer connections that aid in their job search and placement.
Health Safety and Environmental (EHS) Engineer
Location: NE Iowa
A local Northeast Iowa based manufacturer is seeking a Health, Safety and Environmental Engineer who will lead, create and enforce a company culture of safety. The best fit candidate will have professional experience developing and implementing health and safety plans. The EH&S Engineer will be responsible for coordinating regulatory programs and provide environmental health and safety support to the Operations and entire facility to ensure that all practices are in compliance with federal and state regulations including OSHA, EPA.
What you get to do (a snap shot view):
- Develops and implements safety and health standards, criteria and guidelines, such as those issued by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA Health, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), and all other applicable regulations.
- Scheduling and conducting training sessions based upon job specific requirements. Training may include: General Safety Awareness, Supervisor Safety Training, Scaffolding, Confined Space, Fall Protection, Electrical Safety, Respiratory Protection, and other job-specific training.
- Acts as subject matter expert for Safety and Health programs and assists work centers by providing guidance on program compliance.
- Develops a culture that identifies health and safety opportunities and documents those for trends and predictive analysis
- Leads safety incident investigation teams to determine root cause, corrective and preventive actions
- Interfaces with functional first line management and supervision, ensuring risk management methodologies are being incorporated into all facets of operation.
- Oversee hazardous chemicals and waste storage area, waste reduction monitoring and ensure regulatory agency compliance, labeling, proper disposal and documentation
- Lead, investigate, review, compile timely and accurate reports and follow through all workplace accidents and incidents such as OSHA incidents
What we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in environmental, engineer, health and safety, chemistry, or related field
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience with safety and health rules, regulations, standards, and the components of an effective safety program, including plant operations in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in conducting thorough root cause analysis to ensure root cause is identified and eliminated in response to any safety-related incident
- Working knowledge of basic industrial hygiene principles is required.
- OSHA 500/501 Authorized Trainer Credentials
Interested in learning more? Please submit a copy of your professional resume to: Amanda@careerpros.com
Sedona Staffing Services is an equal opportunity employer.
This listing has expired
|Years of Experience||--|