Cloud Data EngineerColony Brands, Inc., Peosta, IA
This listing has expired
Colony Brands together with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies, are a successful, multifaceted enterprise consisting of numerous multichannel retail brands, several operational support companies and a portfolio of affiliate businesses. Headquartered in Monroe, Wisconsin, we deliver an array of products and services to our customers and clients. With over 90 years in business, Colony Brands, has become knowledgeable and proficient in what we do. Operational support subsidiaries and affiliate businesses provide marketing, consumer credit, collections, product sourcing, information technology, wholesale food and charter aviation. Together these provide business solutions and drive success for the entire enterprise and empower outside clients to reach their business goals.
Colony Brands is an empowerment enterprise. As an employee of Colony Brands, you’ll contribute to the success of one or more of the enterprise’s brands or companies. And, no matter where you apply your talents in the enterprise, or what your job description may be, you’ll be working with every other employee to reach one overarching goal: to empower our customers and the people in the communities we call home. We do this so that the people whose lives we touch, in the course of doing business, may live richer and fuller lives.
Learn more here: https://www.colonybrands.com/
The Cloud Data Engineer Internship will begin in June and end in August 2020.
What You’ll Do & Learn
You will assist with the design, development, testing, execution, and quality assurance of both automated and manual data ETL-ELT, building Code pipe-lines, integration of software data sources, and exchange data processes across the enterprise. The candidate will assist with large sets of data from Operational data sources on and off premises. You’ll assist with the development of secure and efficient processes, utilizing various software applications to streamline and expedite the transformation and integration of data into various tools for storing and reporting data. In addition, you will be responsible for:
• Assisting with the efficient, compliant, timely, and secure acquisition, integration, provision and exchange of enterprise data
• Working with internal business and technology staff to accurately gather and interpret requirements, specifications, and database models to determine appropriate ETL development solutions.
• Assisting with integrating/replacing ETL development with existing processes to maximize efficiency.
We are currently looking for highly driven individuals who are pursuing their degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, MIS, Math or related fields. Ideally, you will have a basic knowledge of programming and strong organization skills to work on multiple projects at once. In addition, we are looking for:
• At least Junior Senior standing, recent graduates may be considered
• Cumulative GPA of 2.80 or higher
• Ability to communicate technical concepts effectively and interpret them both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to solve or coordinate resolution to problems independently, quickly and completely
• Knowledge of Python, C# or C++, Java, and SQL.
• Amazon Web Services “AWS” is helpful.
• Knowledge of data processing and code pipe lines is help.
This listing has expired
|Years of Experience||--|