Phlebotomist (Days, Maquoketa, IA)United Clinical Laboratories, Maquoketa, IA
This listing has expired
United Clinical Laboratories (UCL) is a medical laboratory providing routine, emergency and reference laboratory services to Dubuque's major health care providers and people residing within a 50-mile radius.
UCL is recognized both locally and nationally for it's comittment to quality and it's innovative use of resources and technology.
UCL is a for-profit business venture owned by MercyOne Medical Center, UnityPoint Health, and Pathology Associates. The three owners created UCL in 1986 in anticipation of the current trends now seen in the health care industry. Pathology Associates has five board-certified pathologists located at MercyOne Medical Center-Dubuque and UnityPoint Health-Finley Hospitals. They provide clinical laboratory consultation to patients and physicians in the Tri-State area 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
UCL operates at five (5) sites: MercyOne Medical Center-Dubuque, MercyOne Medical Center-Dyersville, UnityPoint Health-Finley Hospital, Medical Associates of Maquoketa, and Cathedral Square. UCL's mission is to provide reliable, timely and accurate laboratory results to physicians, providers, and patients.
UCL has 160 well-trained, highly skilled staff members, working both full and part time. Employment opportunities at UCL are wide-ranged, including traditional laboratory positions: medical technologists, medical laboratory technicians, cytotechnologists, histotechnicians and phlebotomists. UCL also offers many non-traditional laboratory careers including: information technology, human resource management, materials management, accounting, and medical billing.
UCL has a strong committment to continuing education including tuition reimbursement, and support for transition from one position to another.
United Clinical Laboratories seeks an experienced Phlebotomist to work at our location within Medical Associates of Maquoketa in Maquoketa, Iowa.
Routine work hours are Monday through Friday 8:00AM - 1:30PM , and every other Saturday 8:00AM - 12:00PM. May occasionally be scheduled weekdays until 5:00PM.
We're seeking to fill 54 hours per bi-weekly pay period. Multiple candidates may fill the open hours; part-time or full-time.
Phlebotomy job duties include:
- Prioritize and organize the collection of blood and other approved diagnostic specimens based on Stat, expedite, timed and routine testing criteria with minimal supervision.
- Accurately identify patients prior to collection of specimens using two patient identifiers, and appropriately label and accession these specimens.
- Record data as required neatly and accurately. Collect blood specimens and other approved diagnostic specimens based on the orders received, following established laboratory protocols.
- Ensure delivery of the collected specimens to the processing area as soon as possible to maintain specimen quality and to obtain optimal test turnaround times. Correctly performs testing, quality control and documentation as directed.
- Clean and stock the phlebotomy carts/trays and drawing rooms, maintain a neat and orderly workplace. Adhere to all laboratory policies and procedures. Observe and enforce Safety and Infection Control policies and procedures. Assist in the corrective action of any hazards that may exist. Maintain confidentiality with all information.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service skills when interacting with patients, their families and all clients.
How to apply:
E-mail: Interested candidates can email a resume to HR@pa-UCL.com with "Maquoketa Phlebotomist" in the subject line.
In-person: Resumes can be dropped off or applications picked up during business hours at the UCL desk within Medical Associates of Maquoketa, 918 West Platt Street, Maquoketa, Iowa.
By postal mail: Resumes can be mailed to (or applications picked up at) our administrative offices, United Clinical Laboratories, Attn. Human Resources, 205 Bluff Street, Suite 1, Dubuque, Iowa 52001.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|