Staff AccountantWestmark Enterprises, Inc., Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Headquartered in Dubuque, Iowa, Westmark Enterprises specializes in real estate development in Iowa, Florida and North Carolina. In addition, Westmark also provides support for related companies, including Kendall Hunt Publishing Company, Great River Learning and Fourge Social.
With approximately 50 employees in Dubuque, Westmark provides career opportunities in accounting and finance, information technology, human resources, and telecommunications.
For more information, visit Westmark at
We are looking for a highly organized, detail-oriented individual to join our team as a Staff Accountant. In this position you are responsible for maintaining the general ledger and financial reporting. This will include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining subsidiary schedules, and performing month-end close procedures with a primary focus on royalties.
Who We Are
Westmark Enterprises is a support organization headquartered in Dubuque, Iowa that provides support functions such as finance and accounting for numerous affiliated companies, including Kendall Hunt Publishing, Westmark Development, Great River Learning, RCL Benziger, Fourge Social and all of their respective customers. To learn more about us, visit our website at www.westmarkenterprises.com.
Responsibilities of the Staff Accountant
- Maintain the general ledger to insure proper financial and management reporting
- Prepares reconciliations, analysis and schedules as required
- Actively participates in budget preparation process
- Prepare and publish financial statements in accordance with GAAP
- Establishes and maintains processes and procedures for accounting of royalty expense and liability
- Coordinate duties with other royalty support staff to maintain records to insure accurate and timely recording
- Prepares financial, management and budget reports and analysis as needed for internal and external stakeholders
- Provides information and input to management regarding company results and trends
Qualified candidates should have a Bachelor's degree (B.A.) with prior related experience and proficient and applied knowledge of general accounting and Excel. Strong verbal and written communication skills; organizational, analytical and decision-making skills are essential.
If what we described matches your background and skills, we'd love to talk to you. We offer a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, FSA, life, STD, LTD, 401k and profit sharing, and PTO. Send your resume, cover letter along with what your salary requirements.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.