Hills & Dales, a not-for-profit human services organization provides services to children and young adults with severe and profound mental and physical disabilities. It has always been the primary focus to serve people with significant medical needs. Hills & Dales values a quality of life that enhances dignity, upholds rights and encourages choices by the individual.
"It is our work, guided by our mission of building meaningful lives to serve our stakeholders; including residents and clients, their families, employees and society at large. We strive to make a positive difference in the quality of life of each individual we support."
Marilyn Althoff, Chief Executive Officer
Dining Services Lead Cook
ADVANCE YOUR COOKING CAREER TODAY WITH A NEW POSITION IN OUR DIETARY DEPARTMENT!
Do you love to cook, love working with people. This position is responsible for the cooking, set up and serving of food as well as assisting the Department Director with inventory/ordering, compliance, diet orders, staff training, and preparing for special functions and meetings.
Knowledge, skills, and experience
- Knowledge of the agency regulations that affect the work area.
- Knowledge of acceptable levels of sanitary standards and cleanliness.
- Ability to read and follow oral and written instructions completely, thoroughly and in a timely manner, such as recipes, worksheets, menus and diet orders.
- Demonstration of acceptable levels of attendance, punctuality, and work ethic such that the job performance meets or exceeds expectations.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Demonstrates and models the mission and core values of the organization through behavior and attitude.
- Demonstrates proper hand washing and cleanliness in all food preparation and serving.
- Ability to work between the hours of 4:30 am and 7:00 pm, both first shift and second shift.
- Ability to follow department and agency policies, procedures, quality, safety, environmental, and infection control standards.
- In all cases of physical requirements, appropriate reasonable accommodations will be considered, whenever possible, to allow position incumbent to accomplish identified essential functions in an alternative manner.
- Ability to lift 35 pounds is required. Standing, bending, lifting, stooping, grasping, pulling, pushing, reaching and moving throughout areas as required.
- The environment can be humid and may be exposed to fumes, odors and noises. Subject to cuts and burns.
- The ability to travel to other work sites.
- The ability to work various shifts.
Education, experience, and training:
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Free of conviction of prior employment history of child or resident abuse, dependent adult abuse.
- One or more years of cooking or dining services experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and eligible to be a qualified driver for Hills & Dales per company policy.
For full job description and to apply:
Offer of employment contingent upon successful completion of criminal background checks and drug screening. EOE
Food and Beverage
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|