Hirschbach Motor Lines is a refrigerated carrier established in 1935. Proudly family owned, Hirschbach's refrigerated fleet is among the newest, most fuel efficient, and environmentally friendly in the trucking industry. We specialize in delivering fresh and frozen products across the United States along with offering experience in handling dry goods. Hirschbach is a company built on strong relationships with our family of customers, drivers, employees, vendors, and partner carries. We welcome you to join our family!
Driver Manager Trainee is a new opportunity with Hirschbach to cultivate your transportation career. This position offers a starting salary of $1,000/week with eligibility for bonus incentives following successful completion of a 90 day introductory period, and is subject to being employed during the whole eligibility period.
The Driver Manager Trainee schedule is 5:00pm - 7:00am on a rotating 3 days on, 3 days off schedule. This position is eligible for establishment as a Driver Manager following 6 months - 18 months of Trainee experience and satisfactory work performance.
- Coordinates and monitors freight movement based on driver availability, scheduled home time, and driver pay expectations.
- Sends pre-plans to drivers and secures driver commitments.
- Tracks and records drivers' performance from dispatch to delivery to ensure high quality, and on-time service. Reviews scheduled pick-up and delivery appointments daily.
- Promptly answers phone calls and messages.
- Ability to maintain a high level of engagement and positive working relationships with assigned drivers.
- Escalates matters impacting on-time delivery in a professional and timely manner.
- Ensures drivers have the tools and information to be successful in meeting customer and company expectations.
- Addresses issues related to safety and equipment and partners with various departments and teams.
- High school diploma or equivalent in education, paired with relevant professional experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Transportation/Logistics/Supply Chain, or a related field is preferred.
- Ability to process information with high levels of accuracy and energy.
- Computer proficiency and ability to navigate between multiple programs.
- Display and demonstration of an "All In to Win" attitude and performance including self motivation and a strong desire to learn within an unpredictable and demanding environment.
EOE. Offer of employment is contingent on a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|