Innovation/Product Engineer Co-OpA.Y. McDonald Mfg, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
A. Y. McDonald Mfg. Co. is a major manufacturer of water works valves and fittings, high-pressure gas valves, and residential and commercial water pumping systems. The company is privately owned and has a history of quality products since it’s founding in 1856.
A.Y. McDonald Mfg. Co. is located in the Industrial Park off of the Northwest Arterial. Its north central location provides easy acess to major markets. In fact, the Company sells and distributes its five major product lines nationally and internationally.
"We will make good products and sell them honestly." This statement, made by the Founder Andrew Young McDonald in 1856, has become a corporate philosophy. Today A.Y. McDonald's strength lies in its ability to serve customers. To better serve, McDonald has created an organizational structure and a physical environment that provides for growth and profitabiltiy.
Plant and office environments provide greater product output, more control, modern technology and better internal housekeeping. This enables McDonald to seek new highs in quality and bring new items into production at more competitive prices. Please visit our website www.aymcdonald.com
- Y. McDonald Mfg. Co. is a major manufacturer of water works valves and fittings, high-pressure gas valves, and residential and commercial water pumping systems. The company is privately owned and has a history of quality products since its founding in 1856.
A.Y. McDonald Mfg. Co. is looking for an Innovation/Product Engineer Co-Op for the 2020 summer & fall semesters. This position will assist in researching, designing and developing new product solutions.
- Be a contributor to company product innovation strategy and solutions.
- Develop concept drawings for customer concept testing.
- If feedback warrants it, adjust, discard, and/or re-invent projects and product solutions effectively before excess resources are invested.
- Effectively balance multiple projects per company priority schedule.
- Manage projects through to production, includes writing change orders and approving samples.
- Effectively model in 3D utilizing Creo-Pro Engineer.
- Design and gather prototypes for Market and functional testing.
- Conduct experiments to obtain relevant results and review, interpret, convey and react to results effectively and accurately.
- Contribute to the establishment of performance standards for newly designed or modified products.
- Full-time undergraduate student enrolled in a Mechanical Engineering or a related program.
- Good academic standing with the College or University and demonstrate an ability to learn quickly, work well independently and in a team environment and on multiple projects.
- Have the ability to:
- 3D modeling
- Research materials and concepts
Please visit our website to fill out an application and submit a resume by Friday, February 28th.
Equal Opportunity Employer
This listing has expired
|Years of Experience||--|