General ManagerMystique Community Ice Center, Dubuque, IA
Mystique Ice Arena
The Mystique Community Ice Center (MCIC) is currently accepting applications for the position of General Manager. This position oversees the day-to-day operations of the MCIC’s impressive 66,000-square-feet facility as well as works to maximize revenue for the organization and its customers. The arena is owned by the All-American City of Dubuque, with funding from both public and private partnerships. This position reports to the MCIC management Board of Directors (DICE).
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Applicants should have a minimum five years demonstrated management or related ice arena experience as well as developmental skills and commitment to excellence in the motivation, time management, and organization that come with such an educational journey.
- Strong oral, verbal, and written communication skills to excel in interactions with the general public.
- In the interest of being well-rounded, applicants must also have the ability to work independently and successfully troubleshoot the ins and outs of daily issues.
- A knowledge of basic computer operating systems, Microsoft Office programs, and QuickBooks is a must. The General Manager should, regardless of mediums, have a command of complex documents that help keep all MCIC staff, patrons, and players safe and satisfied.
- The General Manager will be a crucial part of communication between the DICE, the facility, and the public.
- The General Manager will oversee all financial aspects of the organization including daily receivables, payables, invoices, payroll, and banking.
- A firm grasp of QuickBooks™ is necessary to develop and monitor departmental budgeting goals through DICE-reviewed monthly financial reports (P/L, balance sheets, A/R, and A/P).
- A major responsibility will be the maintenance of the financial records of the organization as well as various policies and contracts.
- Schedule all ice-related bookings and the promotion of them through advertising and popular social media platforms.
- Be able to maximize digital mediums to not just post ongoing news and events, but to develop revenue-generating opportunities.
- Applicants must be able to hire, dismiss, and evaluate a motivated staff. The General Manager position is to ensure every employee’s skill set is utilized to the maximum potential for all parties.
- Oversees the maintenance staff and all related requirements. For the MCIC to remain a clean and safe facility up to standards for safety, fire, and fun, the General Manager needs to understand the structure of maintaining the ice both hands-on and indirectly.
The General Manager will act as a liaison between the City of Dubuque and Q Casino, maintaining the relationship with the Dubuque Fighting Saints of the United States Hockey League (USHL). The General Manager will oversee the Event Director and their responsibilities. (Food/beverage licenses and permits, work with the respective vendors, and schedule a game-day crew of cashiers and custodians.)
Flexible work schedules are necessary on both sides of administration, with irregular hours and the ability to be on call 24/7. No matter the times at which work is done, the General Manager must be a professional problem solver, a calm commissioner, and the sort of person who is both approachable and approaches. He or she must be invested in the work and the people who help get it done.
And, yes, you get to drive the Zamboni!
TO APPLY MAIL RESUME TO:
1800 Admiral Sheehy Drive
Dubuque, Iowa 52001
EMAIL RESUME TO:
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply by Mail:||800 Admiral Sheehy Dr|
Dubuque, IA 52001
|Apply by Email:||email@example.com|