Hirschbach Motor Lines is a refrigerated carrier established in 1935. Proudly family owned, Hirschbach's refrigerated fleet is among the newest, most fuel efficient, and environmentally friendly in the trucking industry. We specialize in delivering fresh and frozen products across the United States along with offering experience in handling dry goods. Hirschbach is a company built on strong relationships with our family of customers, drivers, employees, vendors, and partner carries. We welcome you to join our family!
The Claims Specialist is responsible for recording and processing claims for losses incurred after an unreported damage claim or decommissioned truck. The Claims Specialist will act as the subject matter expert and provide analysis of claims and handle communications regarding litigations, subrogation, liability, and workers compensation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Adjust physical damage claims on Hirschbach equipment including unreported damage claims.
- Adjust personal injury, workers compensation and occupational accident claims.
- Communicate with the Claims team as well as the Safety/Compliance team (and others as necessary) on any relevant items.
- Communicate with insurance carriers and agencies regarding accidents as necessary.
- Discuss accidents, damage, preventability and processes with commercial vehicle operators.
- Maintain files for litigation, subrogation, physical damage, liability and workers compensation claims.
- Reporting of claims and accidents as necessary.
- Be available on-call for nights and weekends for serious accidents and other duties as necessary.
- Prepare estimates for subrogation.
- Updating and posting payments for repairs.
- Associates Degree in a relevant field, or 3 years of experience in trucking, claims or safety and compliance is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Excel
- Previous experience in commercial trucking industry
- Strong oral and written communication skills via telephone, email, and in person
- Previous experience with AS-400, Mitchell System, PeopleNet, ReferTrak
- Strong multi-tasking, time-management, customer service, and organizational skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to stay calm in crisis situations
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
|Years of Experience||--|