PA Clinical CoordinatorUniversity of Dubuque, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
About the University of Dubuque
The University of Dubuque is a private, Presbyterian, coeducational, professional university with a foundation in the liberal arts. Our commitment is to nurturing the mind, body, and spirit as well as encouraging students to explore their fullest potential, is part of a rich Christian identity that dates back to the University's founding in 1852. Our welcoming interfaith community of 2000 students attracts young men and women from across the country and around the globe who seek the knowledge and the skills to make a difference in our ever-changing world. Within a values and faith base, we offer you an array of perspectives and broad exposure to our truly global society. The University comprises the undergraduate college, the graduate school, and the theological seminary.
Mission and Vision
The University of Dubuque is a private university offering undergraduate, graduate, and theological seminary degrees, and other educational opportunities with the intention of educating and forming the whole person. The University is comprised of individuals from the region, our nation, and the world.
As a community, the University practices its Christian commitments by educating students, pursuing excellence in scholarship, challenging students to live lives of worth and purpose, and preparing students for service to the church and the world.
Therefore, the University of Dubuque is committed to:
- A hospitable Christian environment which respects other faith traditions;
- Relationships which encourage intellectual, spiritual, and moral development;
- Excellence in academic inquiry and professional preparation;
- A diverse and equitable community where Christian love is practiced;
- Stewardship of all God’s human and natural resources;
- Zeal for life-long learning and service.
The University of Dubuque is seeking applicants for the position of PA Clinical Coordinator in the Physician Assistant Program. The University of Dubuque offers an excellent benefits package including a tuition remission policy, paid holidays, sick time, 4 weeks of vacation, as well as contributes to retirement and life insurance.
- Lead the recruitment, development, implementation, and maintenance of clinical sites for PA students in collaboration with the Clinical Education Director, Clinical Recruiter, Clinical Program Specialist, and University Administration
- Assist in the design and modification of curricula to support course and program learning outcomes in coordination with the Clinical Education Director, specifically End of Rotation Days curriculum, OSCEs, and Summative Exams
- Participate in assessment of student and preceptor performance
- Schedule student placements in conjunction with the Clinical Education Director and communicate with sites and students to complete required documents
- Utilize Typhon (clinical tracking system) to manage all aspects of the clinical placement process.
- Assist in the development and execution of agreements and/or contracts with clinical affiliates, including preceptor credentialing with the assistance of the Clinical Program Specialist
- Assist in clinical orientation development and implementation
- Create reports necessary for completion of ARC-PA accreditation documents at the request of the Program Director
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff, administrators, and the general public in association with clinical education
- Serve as a member of the PA Program’s Admissions Committee and Curriculum Committee
- Serve as course director, classroom teaching, and participation in course assignments in a setting promoting team teaching
- Participate in lab sessions and simulations
- Participate in clinical quality improvement and clinical site visits/evaluation
- Maintain an active role in state and national organizations supporting the educational mission of the program
- Represent the Department in campus and community activities
- Maintain an active clinical practice with an average of 6 hours per week.
- Maintain clinical credentials to include state licensure and national practice certification.
- Perform other duties as assigned in support of the University’s mission
- Must hold current NCCPA certification, a Master’s Degree, and be eligible for licensure in the state of Iowa
- Ability to work collaboratively as an inter-professional team member is essential
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively communicate with students, staff, and instructional faculty including preceptors and key stakeholders
- Punctuality, attention to detail, and adherence to due dates is required
- Proficiency in the use of technology for organization, word processing, electronic health records, and communication is essential
- Two or more years of clinical experience is required
- Prior teaching or clinical placement coordination in a PA program and prior precepting experience is preferred
To apply for the PA Clinical Coordinator position, please submit a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and UD employment application, located on our website, to HR@dbq.edu or to the Director of Human Resources, at the University of Dubuque, 2000 University Avenue, Dubuque, IA 52001.
Applications from qualified persons with diverse backgrounds and cultures, including women and persons of color, are welcomed. AA/EEO
This listing has expired
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|