TrainerCrescent Electric Supply Co, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Careers. Powered By You.
Crescent Electric Supply Company has been empowering employees for over 100 years. Today, we have grown to over 150 locations in more than 25 states throughout the United States and have become one of the nation's largest distributors of wholesale electrical supplies. We stock everything from lamps and light fixtures to industrial automation products and networking equipment.
The key to our business’ success is our commitment to our customers and employees. We value relationships and believe in contributing to the communities we serve in a positive way. Our growth is the result of our commitment to building beneficial relationships with our customers, suppliers, and employees through total customer satisfaction.
If you're looking for rewarding career opportunities, you can also visit our web site at https://www.cesco.com/crescent_careers.html.
The Trainer provides education to new and current employees that continually enhances and updates the skills and knowledge employees need to perform their duties at the highest level. This position supports the corporate training and development mission through planning and delivery of programs.
- Work directly with Corporate Training Coordinator and subject matter experts to prepare, coordinate, and administer corporate training programs, training materials and presentations, training communications, enrollments, event planning, and tracking attendance.
- Conduct training programs for general office employees, managers and front line employees. Prepare training materials, exercises/interactions and presentations. Partner with suppliers and company employees to offer enhancements to existing content.
- Develop e-learning content for LMS.
- Responsible for assessing efficacy of delivered programs, reporting results to stakeholders and working to improve existing programs.
- Work to keep training programs vibrant and entertaining in order to engage employees and trainees.
- Ensure that all training materials and programs are compliant with state and federal laws and regulations governing the business.
- Oversee, support and execute New Employee Orientation programs. Assess compliance, track effectiveness and improve time to productivity.
- Oversee and enroll employees in opportunities for partner training (NAED, AMA, etc.).
- Support employee use of learning management system. Provide reactive and proactive technical support for administrators and learners by determining the nature of problems and searching for reasonable solutions. Serve as primary liaison between the LMS vendors and Crescent to pursue any outstanding technical issues, address technical bugs and other system issues.
- Assist with preparations for National Sales Conference events including registrations, scheduling, communications, documentation, and logistics. Attend NSC events.
- Serve as host and/or moderator for live webinars as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in business, HR, Communication, Education or other related field. Minimum of 3 years proven experience in a teaching or facilitation role.
- Experience in authoring content for live, in-person and web-based courses.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and an ability to successfully communicate to people with different levels of technical understanding. Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Phenomenal communication, presentation and public speaking skills.
- Solid competency of corporate training and adult learning practices. Willingness to keep abreast of new techniques in adult learning.
- Experience in using content authoring tools such as Camtasia, storyline 360 or Captivate.
- Advanced computer skills (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
Family Owned. Culture of Quality. Opportunities to Advance.
Crescent Electric offers a caring and supportive environment where employees are provided with the resources and support of a large company. Quality is a way of life at Crescent. Over the last 100 years, we've made every effort to continuously improve and grow as a team. As one of the largest electrical distributors in the United States, Crescent Electric has over 140 locations from coast to coast with a variety of career avenues you could pursue.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we do?
Check out our career overview videos on our YouTube playlist at http://bit.ly/2cVXeXn
Crescent is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Candidates are subject to assessments, Motor Vehicle record review, criminal background checks, credit and references check, and a post-offer drug screen.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|