Accounting and Tax ManagerO'Connor, Brooks & Co, P.C., Galena, IL
This listing has expired
O'Connor, Brooks & Co., P.C. is a locally owned public accounting firm which has been serving the tri-state area of Iowa, Wisconsin and Illinois since 1920. We have offices in Dubuque, Iowa and Galena, Illinois.
We are a general services CPA firm offering an array of services including: Bookkeeping, Payroll Processing, Tax Planning/Preparation, Bank Examinations, Accounting/Auditing, Business Consulting, and Controllership Functions.
Our practice serves a diverse clientele, ranging from individuals and small to medium-sized businesses, non-profit organizations and governmental entities.
As members of both the American Institute and the Iowa Society of Certified Public Accountants we are reviewed by our peers every three years, in which we continually receive the highest ratings.
We have been experiencing tremendous growth in recent years and believe we have a lot to offer to potential employees. We invite you to contact us today and learn more about the O'Connor, Brooks & Co., P.C. team and available employment opportunities.
We are seeking a full time Accounting and Tax Manager in our Galena, Illinois office. Responsibilities include:
- Manage the performance of compilation, review, and audit engagements including government and not-for-profit engagements
- Ensure the preparation of accurate review and audit engagement documentation
- Preparation of federal and state corporate, individual, partnership and trust tax returns as well as returns for not-for-profit organizations
- Develop and maintain knowledge of current taxation practices and changes in tax law
- Work with clients and firm members to ensure timely completion of client engagements
The qualifications for this position include:
- Minimum B.S. or B.A. degree in accounting
- Minimum of 3 years of tax and audit experience
- CPA certificate or actively pursuing successful completion of the CPA exam
- Ability to effectively supervise the staff of the firm
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Excel
- Ability to meet deadlines with accuracy
- Excellent analytical, organizational and problem solving abilities
We offer a great work environment along with a competitive salary and excellent benefits including health and disability insurance, 401(k) plan, a referral incentive bonus, continuing professional education opportunities, summer hours, and vacation and sick time from the date of hire. In addition, we provide assistance with CPA exam fees as well as paid time off to take the exam.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|