Local Truck DriverSpahn & Rose Lumber Co, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Established in 1904, Spahn & Rose has 24 retail lumber and building material stores in Iowa, Illinois and Wisconsin. We pride ourselves in providing our customers with excellent service and a superior quality mix, while encouraging our employees to have rewarding careers with avenues for advancement. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, disability and 401k and profit sharing plans.
If you are interested in joining a growing and dynamic organization that has been in business for over 110 years, we encourage you to apply and submit your resume today!
Established in 1904, Spahn & Rose has 24 retail lumber and building material stores in Iowa, Illinois & Wisconsin. We currently have an opening for a full-time Local Truck Driver at our store in Dubuque. This position helps to ensure the customer is always serviced first by providing safe, timely and efficient delivery service of building materials.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships between the Company and the customer. To help grow our business.
- Driving a vehicle in compliance with safety and DOT regulations
- Check load to ensure it is properly secured and the correct material and amount of material is being delivered before leaving the yard.
- Perform pre-trip, enroute and post-trip inspections on equipment. Ensure equipment defects are reported immediately.
- When required, unload and load trailer, either with or without assistance of dockworkers, with or without mechanical freight handling equipment.
- Provide a positive representation of the company by demonstrating safe, responsible driving practices. Operate company vehicle in a safe manner by applying knowledge and skills in maneuvering vehicle at varying speeds in difficult situations such as heavy traffic, inclement weather, or in tight loading dock areas.
- Keep lumber yard clean, well-organized and safe.
- Must have valid Class B driver’s license and the ability to pass a DOT physical.
- Basic reading, writing comprehension and math skills required.
- Must consent to MVR check.
- Must have a pleasing personality and cooperative attitude.
- Lifting of up to 35 pounds, 70lbs occasionally and the ability to bend and twist in awkward positions.
At Spahn & Rose we pride ourselves in providing our customers with excellent service and a superior quality product mix, while encouraging our associates to have rewarding careers with potential for advancement. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, PTO, paid holidays, disability and 401K and profit sharing plans.
If you are interested in being part of a stable, growing and dynamic organization, we encourage you to apply and submit your resume today!
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|