Manager of EngineeringSedona Staffing Services, Clinton, IA
This listing has expired
Sedona Staffing Services is a, global staffing, recruiting, and executive search firm. We locate qualified professionals, who excel in their careers, and provide customized staffing solutions for our client companies. Nationally, we're part of , a global recruiting network, whose reach allows Sedona to recruit skilled candidates for highly technical, medical, executive, or hard-to-fill positions.
In summary, Sedona specializes in finding the right fit for both job seekers and businesses.
Our customized staffing solutions help businesses reduce costs and risk, increase efficiency, and provide flexibility.
Job seekers benefit from our free services and vast employer connections that aid in their job search and placement.
Location: NE Iowa
Compensation: $110k - $140k / year Commensurate based on skill set / experience.
Sedona is partnering with a local northeast Iowa manufacturer seeking an Engineering Manager who is proactive and action oriented and focused on exceeding expectations, operating with vision and integrity ideally in fiber and thermoforming applications.
The Engineering Manager’s responsibilities are to align and drive strategic initiatives in engineering activities and projects to support company goals and objectives, providing expert guidance, support and direction, and maintaining positive relationships with both internal and external stakeholders. The best fit candidate will possess exceptional leadership and have communication and project management skills and experience developing the skills and talents of others and consults with the leadership team to understand the requirements and implications of strategic and tactical decision. There are five (5) direct reports to this position.
What you get to do:
- Strategic leader working to develop and enhance delivery to market of products
- Apply creative approach to internal decisions and to the industry
- Develop and own the roadmap for the business together with business and commercial leaders.
- Consult with internal and external experts to foster improved decision-making
- Interact with customers and prospects to understand requirements and develop new innovations
- Share business platform application decisions with all parties on all relevant information
- Balance maintenance improvement of existing platform with investments in the next generation
- Implement an effective innovation process with gates, metrics, and incentives
- Ensure all projects adhere to recognized design principles
- Implement effective quality assurance processes, metrics, and tools
- Validate internal development and testing with customer and/or partner experiences
- Enhance cooperation and innovation within and outside the organization
- Maintain an on-going external presence, spending time with customers and sellers for insight into market conditions, customer requirements and ways in which the company can enhance sales
- Prepare budgets and bids, present and explains proposals, reports and findings.
What we need from you:
- BS degree in Mechanical or Plastics Engineering MBA a plus
- Ten plus years manufacturing experience in more responsible engineering management roles.
- Experience with regulated quality systems - ISO-9001
- Project management expertise product lifecycle management (PLM), and new product introduction (NPI)
- Excellent multi-project planning and systems skills and ability to plan coordinate large projects.
- Ability to provide technical coaching, and leadership for an engineering staff.
- Plastics processing technologies knowledge including thermoforming and fiber molding
- Demonstrated ability to retain, motivate and develop an engineering team across multiple locations. Strong talent management understanding and orientation.
- Proven track record of meeting product delivery deadlines on budget through implementing repeatable processes for forecasting and project/program management.
- Strong information technology skills with a high degree of computer literacy.
- Travel as needed - up to 20% domestic
Interested in learning more? Please submit a copy of your professional resume to: Amanda@careerpros.com
Sedona is an equal opportunity employer.
This listing has expired
Skilled Labor Trades
|Years of Experience||--|