Greenhouse Hydroponics InternshipFARMTEK, Dyersville, IA
This listing has expired
FarmTek offers commercial greenhouses and accessories, garden supplies, tension fabric buildings, portable garages, barn curtain, livestock and poultry housing, heating and cooling products, electrical and plumbing supplies, building materials, agricultural supplies, and more to help you manage your farm, nursery, business or home. Serving the agriculture industry since 1979.
The successful candidate will work with the manager and support staff to care for a variety of leafy greens and vining crops in environmentally controlled hydroponic greenhouses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Assisting with a weekly seed sowing schedule
- Transplanting leafy greens and vining crops into larger grow out systems
- Harvesting and packaging produce to send out to our customers
- Assisting in collecting data, measuring, recording, and analyzing
- Maintaining various hydroponic nutrient solutions and general water quality
- Training and pruning vining crops including tomatoes and cucumbers
- Washing NFT channels and deep water culture rafts weekly
- Maintaining a very clean growing environment
- Scrubbing totes and buckets
- Assisting in monitoring our Integrated Pest Management Program
- Following a precise nutrient recipe, weighing out nutrients and using a power tool
- Asist in assembling hydroponic growing systems
- Weeding flower beds
- Other duties as assigned or required
To successfully perform this job, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Undergraduate student enrolled in Environmental Science or related degree program
- Understanding of sustainable farming methods
- Strong interest and desire to learn
- Exceptional communication and people skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Some knowledge and passion for hydroponic plant production (vine and leaf crop)
- Must possess excellent communication skills, be self motivated and be a team player
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, kneel
- Reach with hands or arms
- Climb a ladder
- Frequently required to talk or hear
- Employee is occasionally required to sit
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
The work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions
- Moving mechanical parts
- Occasionally high heat
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
This listing has expired
Building and Grounds
|Years of Experience||--|