Quality systems Lab technicianPrairie Farms, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
This is a great opportunity to establish yourself in a secure company with a 75+ year history of success. We offer competitive wages, insurance, profit sharing and paid time off.
Over 700 farms strong, the knowledge and dedication of Prairie Farms’ farm families is represented in our full line of retail and foodservice dairy products. Prairie Farms network of local manufacturing plants and branch offices enables highly efficient, dairy fresh distribution throughout Mid-America and the South. From farm to family... Prairie Farms’ foundation is built upon products of uncompromising quality.
PRAIRIE FARMS IS COMMITTED TO THIS FOUNDATION FOR SUCCESS
• To increase equity value balanced with organization growth
• To encourage each employee to attain his or her maximum potential
• To simply do what is right – and conduct our business with professional integrity
• To strengthen our competitive edge by embracing the principle of innovation
• To be the leader in high quality products and services
Requirements of the position include:
- Demonstrated hand-eye coordination and dexterity to handle precision instruments in a laboratory setting
- Demonstrated ability to interpret data and effectively communicate information
- Must be able to work with flammable and toxic materials
- Must demonstate gripping/grasping 70# of force
- Must speak/read and write English to understand oral and written communications and be able to execute required, quality reports.
- Experienced with interpreting and applying technical information contained in manuals and using common testing equipment associated with lab functions
- Must demonstrate basic math skills to calculate product/chemical formulas and understand weights and measures.
- Must have a mechanical aptitude to perform the following tasks
- Use of test meters
- Adjust mechanical chart recorders
- Read and set gauges, thermometers, vitamin pumps
- Make adjustments on lab testing equipment
- Use small tools
- Addition duties include, but are not limited to: full understanding of the Prairie Farms master sanitation requirements for assigned areas, accurately completing company documentation which may require basic computer and data entry skills, adherence to GMP and safety rules, accurate completion of paper work associated with covered position, and all other duties as assigned by lab manager, plant management or supervision.
This position is 4 days a week, 10 hours per day.
Prairie Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified application will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|