Maintenance Technician IFARMTEK, Dyersville, IA
This listing has expired
FarmTek offers commercial greenhouses and accessories, garden supplies, tension fabric buildings, portable garages, barn curtain, livestock and poultry housing, heating and cooling products, electrical and plumbing supplies, building materials, agricultural supplies, and more to help you manage your farm, nursery, business or home. Serving the agriculture industry since 1979.
Summary: The individual in this position reports to the VP of Operations and is responsible for performing a variety of activities to maintain company machines, equipment and facilities. These activities include machine maintenance, preventative maintenance, mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and plumbing repairs as needed. Perform general maintenance focusing on ground, facilities and machine maintenance including snow removal.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following but other duties may be assigned:
- Conduct regular scheduled maintenance on systems, machines and equipment as assigned.
- Repair broken, damaged or malfunctioning machines, equipment and systems as directed.
- Perform machine maintenance as needed on all machines and equipment. If you are not trained on that machine you must have the ability to work with the company technicians to satisfactorily complete a repair or issue.
- Should be able to work on all company machinery and equipment.
- Perform machine tool repairs, rebuilds or other maintenance work to ensure quality of maintenance operations.
- Work on special maintenance or repair projects as assigned.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on machines and equipment.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and adjust as needed on machinery and equipment.
- Calibrate all tools, equipment and machines as directed.
- Install new equipment, machines or systems and make modifications to facilities, equipment or systems as directed.
- Assist with general, ground and facility maintenance as directed by management.
- Partner with production team members to fully understand technical situations and assess the best options to pursue with guidance from Maintenance Manager or VP of Operations.
- Stay up to date on current maintenance and mechanical repair technologies.
- Assist outside maintenance contractors and external resources as assigned.
- Provide technical leadership and assist in training other Maintenance Apprentices as directed by management.
- Be a backup for the Maintenance Technician II as directed.
- Complete work orders, records, logs, fix it tickets and other safety documents via Site Docs Safety Compliance site as required.
- Adhere to all safety and OSHA regulations and policies or procedures.
- Operate material handling equipment, moving machinery and other powered equipment as necessary.
- Troubleshoot complex problems with machinery or equipment to minimize downtime.
- Must learn and follow Lock Out Tag Out policy and procedures.
- Will be required to work over-time, be flexible to work on off shifts and weekends as situations arise when maintenance is needed to come in. Be on-call.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Professional presentation and attitude
- Strong mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and blueprint reading experience
- Strong technical understanding, equipment maintenance and power and hand tool experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service skills
- Must be able to work flexible hours and come in on off shift or weekends as needed to handle maintenance situations
- Strong computer experience
- Forklift, combi and Ariel lift license
- Must hold a valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of safety and OSHA regulations
- Strong organizational and follow up skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating instructions and procedure manuals, write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with stress effectively
- Ability to read and interpret instructions and schematics
- Ability to assemble and disassemble mechanical and electrical devices
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams.
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalency required. Associate degree or bachelor’s degree in a related field from a technical college or 4-year college is preferred. At least 2-5 years of experience in maintenance.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals and safety and equipment manuals. Ability to write reports or correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management or team members.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers, calculate percentages and work with fractions. Must know how to use a tape measure accurately.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Ability to use Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
Must be safety conscious and follow all safety and OSHA regulations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. Frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands or arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. Must be able to lift or move up to 50 lbs. occasionally. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and to louder in the warehouse and production areas. Office noise is lower for a typical office environment. Will be working outside and inside being exposed to dusty and dirty environments, hot or cold.
This listing has expired
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|