Careers. Powered By You.
Crescent Electric Supply Company has been empowering employees for over 100 years. Today, we have grown to over 150 locations in more than 25 states throughout the United States and have become one of the nation's largest distributors of wholesale electrical supplies. We stock everything from lamps and light fixtures to industrial automation products and networking equipment.
The key to our business’ success is our commitment to our customers and employees. We value relationships and believe in contributing to the communities we serve in a positive way. Our growth is the result of our commitment to building beneficial relationships with our customers, suppliers, and employees through total customer satisfaction.
If you're looking for rewarding career opportunities, you can also visit our web site at https://www.cesco.com/crescent_careers.html.
As a Corporate Accountant I, you will be responsible for the Purchase Card program and the review of monthly credit memo report, Special Pricing Agreements (SPAs) and Small Project Jobs (SPJs), and year-end inventory markdown reports. You will also work with the credit card processing team to evaluate, create, and/or modify processes and procedures. You will be responsible for training new Accounting Interns and assist in training other accounting employees. You will also assist with the month-end and year-end procedures and reconciliations of general ledgers for Crescent and subsidiaries, and assist with computer conversions and acquisitions. You will know you're a match for this position if you are proficient in the operation of personal computer software, 10-key calculator and other basic office equipment (specifically Excel, Word and Monarch – Windows based). This position also requires thorough understanding of SPA and SPJ system as well as average cost, FIFO (First In First Out) calculations, Accounts Payable Distribution, and Monarch.
What's in it for you?
Competitive pay and benefits. The opportunity to develop professionally, grow personally and have the flexibility to balance your life’s priorities. Leaders who inspire, build trust, and empower employees to achieve their best.
• Oversight of the purchase card transactions including reconciliation of the statement, ensuring vendors are paid timely, fleet card management, reconciliation of disputes, tracking of overall spend as well as identify opportunities to expand our purchase card program.
• Oversight of general office audit including review of duplicate payments, travel and expense reporting, cash application. Validate concession credits are properly approved.
• Utilize monthly credit memo report monitor all large credit memos and validate all credit memos with margins that deviate from standards have appropriate approval.
• Assist V.P. Controller to monitor daily cash flows and establish a monthly cash flow report and in designing banking structure to improve efficiency in cash transactions
• Responsible for price testing and sales cut off testing.
• Assist with the reconciliation of bank accounts, including cleared checks, ACH transactions, and credit card transactions.
• Prepare Super User and Journal Entry reports.
• Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• CPA preferred.
Family Owned. Culture of Quality. Opportunities to Advance.
Crescent Electric offers a caring and supportive environment where employees are provided with the resources and support of a large company. Quality is a way of life at Crescent. Over the last 100 years, we’ve made every effort to continuously improve and grow as a team. As one of the largest electrical distributors in the United States, Crescent Electric has over 160 locations from coast to coast with a variety of career avenues you could pursue.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we do?
Check out our career overview videos on our YouTube playlist at http://bit.ly/2cVXeXn
Crescent is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Candidates are subject to assessments, criminal background checks, credit and references check, and a post-offer drug screen.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
East Dubuque, IL
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|