Patient Aide - part-time, West CampusMedical Associates, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Our mission is to provide superior healthcare and an excellent patient experience.
Medical Associates Clinic is a well-established multispecialty group practice with over 170 providers and a staff of over 1,000 health care professionals and support personnel. The group was founded in 1924 and is Iowa’s oldest multispecialty group practice. Today, Medical Associates Clinic is the area’s leading health care provider and only multispecialty group practice. Medical Associates Clinic has been recognized since 1998 as a “better performing practice” by the Medical Group Management Association.
In 1982, Medical Associates developed the Tri-State’s first health maintenance organization, Medical Associates Health Plans, which offers comprehensive health benefits to over 400 employers and 45,000 members. Medical Associates Health Plans has maintained an “Excellent” rating, the highest level of accreditation possible by the National Committee for Quality Assurance, for 13 consecutive years.
Medical Associates Clinic offers several locations from which to seek medical care, including facilities at 1500 Associates Drive, 1000 Langworthy, and 1940 Elm Street in Dubuque, Iowa; as well as facilities in Bellevue, Cascade, Dyersville, Elkader, and Monona, Iowa; Cuba City, and Platteville, Wisconsin; and Elizabeth and Galena, Illinois.
Medical Associates is hiring a part-time Patient Aide position at the West Campus!
- Interact with patients and visitors by greeting, directing, and assisting them to their destination.
- Provide safe access to and from main entrances for those patients in need of assistance.
Schedule: This position averages about 20 hours per week.
Work a rotating five day on/five day off schedule, 7:00 am - 3:30 pm.
Week 1: Thursday & Friday Week 2: Monday - Wednesday.
Requirements: Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Assist patients in and out of their vehicles to the appropriate destination, using a wheelchair when necessary.
- Provide information and direction to patients and visitors.
- Assist patients in obtaining transportation via taxi, minibus, etc.
- Assist patients throughout the building, collaborating with the clinical staff when necessary.
- Complete all other assigned projects and duties.
Experience: From three months to one year of similar or related experience.
Education: Equivalent to a high school education.
Interpersonal Skills: Normal courtesy in dealing with others is required. Work involves minimal contacts, usually within the organization. Contact usually involving routine, non-sensitive issues.