TH Media publishes the Telegraph Herald, a general interest daily newspaper and on-line news source published in Dubuque, Iowa 365 days a year. The TH's circulation is 26,000 and total weekly readership is 100,000 in the Dubuque tri-state area of Iowa, Wisconsin and Illinois. The TH specializes in local and regional news coverage, but offers a comprehensive package of state, national and international news as well. Along with news, sports and commentary, the newspaper also features a full complement of retail and classified advertising. Additional publications include monthly magazines and special inserts. Telegraphherald.com provides the most comprehensive coverage of Dubuque-area news, weather and sports on the Internet. TH Media is a division of Woodward Communications, Inc.
Woodward Communications, Inc. (WCI) is a multimedia communications company employing over 500 employee owners at 21 locations – servicing communities in Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois and customers throughout the nation and Canada. With its corporate headquarters in Dubuque, Iowa, WCI is owned by the Woodward family and its employees through an Employee Stock Ownership Plan. The ESOP owns approximately 97% of the company.
The Telegraph Herald is looking for an experienced maintenance technician to join our maintenance staff. This is a full time position with benefits working Monday – Friday.
- Maintain and repair all mechanical and electro-mechanical equipment in the Telegraph Herald building, (including light fixtures, switches, outlets, and any other equipment).
- Maintain daily, weekly, and monthly logs on all building mechanical equipment as to preventive maintenance and repair.
- Provide prompt response to all after-hours requests for emergency repairs and snow removal on a rotating schedule.
- Give assistance to other team members to complete custodial responsibilities as needed.
- Implementation of approved energy conservation ideas throughout the building.
- Maintain a “customer comes first” attitude in regards to both internal and external customers.
- Assist advertising department with pick-up of advertising circulars as needed.
- Assist with inspection and replenishment of first-aid and bloodborne pathogen kits.
- Assist with inspection and maintenance of AED.
- Actively participate in all safety training sessions, apply safe practices to job tasks, and report all safety-related concerns and incidents to Human Resources.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Self-motivated, ability to follow direction and perform jobs within time constraints. Work without supervision in a professional manner. Responsive to the needs of all Telegraph Herald and divisions within the location. Maintains a valid driver’s license.
Understands the operations and functions of all departments for which maintenance is performed as well as an understanding of the operational functions of all mechanical and electro-mechanical devices at WCI. Understand and ability to correctly and safely operate a fork lift and all maintenance repair equipment. Communicate technical procedures to others. Strong carpentry, plumbing, electrical skills. Mechanical-minded, versed in the art of troubleshooting and diagnostics. Skilled in pneumatics and pneumatically controlled devices and in the operation and repair of hot water boilers. Ability to lift 50 lbs. and climb ladders.
High School Education or equivalent. Minimum of three years of mechanical experience (building or machinery). One year of HVAC schooling or equivalent experience including experience with pneumatic controls, hot water heat, air-conditioning.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Automated External Defibrillator
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|