Dialysis Nurse - Dubuque UnitGrand River Medical Group, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Dialysis Registered Nurse - Dubuque Unit
Position is for Tri-State Dialysis - Dubuque location
Grand River Medical Group, a leading healthcare provider in the Dubuque and tri-state area, is currently seeking a Dialysis Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse. This is a full-time position, 34-36 hours per week. This position has a 3 day per week schedule, with every other Saturday requirements.
Tri-State Dialysis is open 6 days a week, Monday-Saturday with patients starting treatments at 6:00 am. The dialysis team is comprised of RN's, LPN's, Social Workers, Dietitians, and Patient Care Technicians. Individuals work together to provide the best possible care to our patients.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Complete nursing portion of the Comprehensive Interdisciplinary Patient Assessment and Plan of Care (POC) on assigned patients according to established timeline.
- Identify the patient problem and determine the proper intervention. Communicate in writing and verbally to Unit Coordinator/Unit Manager/Director of Dialysis of all patient psychological or physiological adverse reactions, problems or other pertinent information.
- Keep patients and dialysis equipment under constant observation during treatment, evaluate patients throughout, and properly operate equipment.
- Safely administer prescribed medications and treatments and take appropriate action based on patient's response.
- Administer heparin according to patient's established need or when necessary, take clotting time to establish more appropriate dosage of heparin.
- Draw blood for laboratory specimens on a regular basis according to protocol of unit so that patient's status may be evaluated.
- Perform clinical procedures including needle insertion and central line access in accordance with established procedures and standards of care.
- Document each treatment appropriately to include double checks, lab draws, medications given, patient assessment and condition of access, vital signs at current established time intervals, initiation and termination of treatment, condition of dialyzer at end of treatment, and patient discharge summary following each patient dialysis treatment.
- Document monthly on assigned primary patients, to include lab, anemia and bone disease flow sheets, Stable Patient Review form and nursing progress note. Update plan of care as needed.
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of nursing for Registered Nurses or Licensed Practical Nurses.
- Minimum one year of professional nursing experience preferred; Medical/surgical, hospital, chronic illness, critical care and/or community health experience preferred.
- Dialysis experience NOT required; on-the-job training provided.
- Must be a licensed RN or LPN with an active license to practice in the state of Iowa and Wisconsin; BSN preferred.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required.
We offer: A competitive hourly wage plus a very attractive benefits package including vacation, generous company provided benefits, and much more.
Grand River Medical Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
This listing has expired
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Basic Life Support
Licensed Practical Nurse
Medical Surgical Nursing
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|