Dialysis Nurse - Manchester UnitGrand River Medical Group, Manchester, IA
This listing has expired
Dialysis Licensed Practical Nurse
Position is for Tri-State Dialysis - Manchester location
Grand River Medical Group, a leading healthcare provider in the Dubuque and tri-state area, is currently seeking a Dialysis Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse. This is a full-time position, 33-36 hours per week. This position has a 3 day per week schedule.
Tri-State Dialysis is open 3 days a week, Monday, Wednesday and Friday with patients starting treatments at 6:00 am. The dialysis team is comprised of RN's, LPN's, Social Workers, Dietitians, and Patient Care Technicians. Individuals work together to provide the best possible care to our patients.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Complete Unusual Occurrence Form as necessary for defined situations and other situations as needed.
- Keep patients and dialysis equipment under constant observation during treatment, evaluate patients throughout, and properly operate equipment.
- Administer heparin according to patient's established need or when necessary, take clotting time to establish more appropriate dosage of heparin.
- Draw blood for laboratory specimens on a regular basis according to protocol of unit so that patient's status may be evaluated.
- Perform clinical procedures including needle insertion and central line access in accordance with established procedures and standards of care.
- Document each treatment appropriately to include double checks, lab draws, medications given, patient assessment and condition of access, vital signs at current established time intervals, initiation and termination of treatment, condition of dialyzer at end of treatment, and patient discharge summary following each patient dialysis treatment.
- Document monthly on assigned primary patients, to include lab, anemia and bone disease flow sheets, Stable Patient Review form and nursing progress note. Update plan of care as needed.
- Utilize nursing knowledge and skills in the safe implementation of basic preventative therapeutic and rehabilitative nursing care of assigned patient/family as evidenced by documentation and observation of positive patient care outcomes.
- Perform delegated independent nursing functions using established policies, procedures and standards as observed by the RN.
- Review patient's records, clinician orders and patient's condition, observe patient's for changes in condition.
- Follow the treatment plan established for the assigned dialysis patient.
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of nursing for Licensed Practical Nurses or Registered Nurses.
- Minimum one year of professional nursing experience preferred; Medical/surgical, hospital, chronic illness, critical care and/or community health experience preferred.
- Dialysis experience NOT required; on-the-job training provided.
- Must be a licensed LPN or RN with an active license to practice in the state of Iowa.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) - required.
We offer: A competitive hourly wage plus a very attractive benefits package including vacation, generous company provided benefits, and much more.
Grand River Medical Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
This listing has expired
Basic Life Support
Licensed Practical Nurse
Medical Surgical Nursing
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|