ManagerFARMTEK, Dyersville, IA
This listing has expired
FarmTek offers commercial greenhouses and accessories, garden supplies, tension fabric buildings, portable garages, barn curtain, livestock and poultry housing, heating and cooling products, electrical and plumbing supplies, building materials, agricultural supplies, and more to help you manage your farm, nursery, business or home. Serving the agriculture industry since 1979.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the work activities and evaluate the performance of team members assigned to the covers, curtain and shade departments.
- Plan to determine optimal utilization of team members and equipment to meet manufacturing goals.
- Determine the need for new machines, methods or processes needed to meet goals.
- Collaborate with sales, procurement, engineers, vendors, suppliers, continuous improvement and other departments to meet production goals.
- Interpret and implement company policies relative to production and supervision goals.
- Assign work and allocate resources to accomplish company goals.
- Analyze the manufacturing process for continual improvement of quality and efficiency. Work with continuous improvement using visual management tools such as SQDC boards, accountability boards and suggestion boards.
- Assess work order requirements to determine needs and priorities. Schedule production to meet sales commitments.
- Read and interpret blueprints and other specifications to determine production requirements. Establish work processes and methods needed to produce specified requirements.
- Monitor quality of output and advise of adjustments needed. Meet with vendors to discuss quality issues as needed.
- Conduct routine audits as necessary
- Involved in interviewing, selecting candidates for position in the department.
- Provide formal and informal training, coaching, mentoring to ESAPCO team members to attain optimum performance.
- Write and conduct performance appraisals along with recommending financial increases or no increases.
- Keep records of activities of team members related to overall performance of personnel.
- Ensure safety of all employees and continually work with the safety manager on improving safety in the departments. Enforce safety rules and regulations.
- Monitor fabric inventory levels or production supplies and requisition material as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of cover and curtain fabrication methods and fabric characteristics
- Knowledge of corporate production and inventory control systems.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations and company safety rules and policies
- Demonstrated knowledge use of Lean, Safety, Quality and manufacturing best practices
- Experience working in a tiered leadership environment that utilizes visual management tools such as SQDC, accountability and CI suggestion boards
- Experienced with improvement approaches such as PDCA, Kaizen events and A3- Projects
- Experience with Standard Work and Auditing processes
- Ability to train and coach leadership teams and individuals
- Ability to coordinate complex activities
- Ability to respond to complex demands
- Skilled at interpersonal communications
- Skilled in planning and organizing
- Ability to lift up to 20-30lbs on occasion
- Skilled in problem solving
- Effective interpersonal skills, system and change implementation skills, strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
Education and/or Experience:
- B.S. degree in Industrial/Manufacturing Management/Manufacturing Engineering preferred or equivalent education, experience and training
- Project management experience is required
- 3-5 years of managerial, supervisory or team leader experience required
Human Capital Management: Builds and manages workforce based on organizational goals, budget considerations and staffing needs. Ensures employee are appropriately recruited, selected, appraised and rewarded; takes action to address performance problems. Manages a diversified workforce and a variety of work situations.
Conflict Resolution: Encourages creative tension and differences of opinions. Anticipates and takes steps to prevent counter-productive confrontations. Manages and resolves conflicts and disagreements in a constructive manner.
Developing Others: Develops the ability of others to perform and contribute to the organization by providing ongoing feedback and by providing opportunities to learn through formal and informal methods.
Communication Skills: Makes clear and convincing oral presentations and listens effectively. Writes in a clear, concise, organized and convincing manner to the intended audience.
Team Building: Inspires and fosters team commitment, spirit, pride and trust. Facilitates cooperation and motivates team members to accomplish group goals.
Technical Credibility: Understands and appropriately applies principals, procedures, requirements, regulations and policies related to expertise.
Continual Learning: Assesses and recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self-development.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 20-30 pounds. In addition to the lifting the job requires various carrying, pushing/pulling, kneeling, squatting.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The working environment is a typical office setting in a manufacturing environment with moderate to loud noise level. This individual may be required occasionally work in a warehouse or production environment where the noise level is moderate to loud. May have to work outside occasionally and be exposed to outside weather elements.
This listing has expired
Skilled Labor Trades
Continuous Improvement Process
Human Capital Management (HCM)
Inventory Control Systems
Textile Fabric Development
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|