Retail Manager Registered ApprenticeshipKwik Stop, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Kwik Stop is locally owned and operates 12 different convenience store locations in the Dubuque area. The growth of this company is directly attributed to its customers and to the dedicated people who bring their ideas and hard working attitudes to work every day.
JOIN OUR TEAM:
Are you a natural born leader looking for a secure management career path? Kwik Stop has an opportunity for you to expand your knowledge while performing work and receiving relevant classroom instruction. This is a Department of Labor recognized Registered Apprenticeship program. The program is approximately 2.5 years working full-time with classes taken simultaneously.
Once you complete your apprenticeship, you will be on your way to a successful long-term career with no educational debt. In the Registered Retail Apprenticeship program, you will receive most of your learning on-the-job, but a portion of your skills will be learned in a traditional classroom setting.
Must be 18 years of age
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Shall be physically capable of lifting 50lbs with constant standing, bending, and twisting
- Must possess and enforce all company core values including Customer Focused, Straight Forward, Teamwork, Growth Oriented, and Humbly Confident
- Must be drug free and agree to submit to initial and random drug testing
- Must sign/abide by Apprenticeship Agreement ETA-671
- Must attend and complete with a passing grade, classes at NICC (outlined below).
- Store security
- Unloading and receiving product
- Pricing and price marking
- Supervision and employee relations
- Food safety and preparation
- State and federal requirements
- Cashier operations, supervision, coordination
- Supervision of floor operations
- Sanitation and housekeeping
- Work scheduling
HOURLY RATE OF PAY:
Start at $15.00/hour plus we’ll pay for your coursework and you’ll move up to $16.50/hour through the remainder of the program. Following completion of the program you will earn a national certificate in Retail Management and be ready to lead your own store!
PAID (by Kwik Stop) CLASSROOM INSTRUCTION/NICC (totaling 336 hours):
Classes Year 1:
- Customer Service Strategies – 3 credit hours
- Principles of Management – 3 credit hours
- Tier 1 Leadership Academy
This position will be supervised and mentored by the Retail Training Manager.
This listing has expired
|Years of Experience||--|