Supply Chain "Product Sourcing" InternshipColony Brands, Inc., Monroe, WI
This listing has expired
Colony Brands together with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies, are a successful, multifaceted enterprise consisting of numerous multichannel retail brands, several operational support companies and a portfolio of affiliate businesses. Headquartered in Monroe, Wisconsin, we deliver an array of products and services to our customers and clients. With over 90 years in business, Colony Brands, has become knowledgeable and proficient in what we do. Operational support subsidiaries and affiliate businesses provide marketing, consumer credit, collections, product sourcing, information technology, wholesale food and charter aviation. Together these provide business solutions and drive success for the entire enterprise and empower outside clients to reach their business goals.
Colony Brands is an empowerment enterprise. As an employee of Colony Brands, you’ll contribute to the success of one or more of the enterprise’s brands or companies. And, no matter where you apply your talents in the enterprise, or what your job description may be, you’ll be working with every other employee to reach one overarching goal: to empower our customers and the people in the communities we call home. We do this so that the people whose lives we touch, in the course of doing business, may live richer and fuller lives.
Learn more here: https://www.colonybrands.com/
The Supply Chain “Product Sourcing” Internship will begin in January 2021 and ideally end in December 2021, however, we are flexible with length of time.
What You’ll Do & Learn
You’ll work on a variety of material and product sourcing projects for the Colony Brands Inc. family of nonfood catalog brands. Under the direction of Divisional Sourcing Managers, you’ll support the Team with essential product sourcing and vendor management activities. This may include inputting and maintaining information in Flex PLM, ordering samples from vendors, facilitating processes as they relate to the corporate calendar to help team ensure deadlines are met. In addition, you will be responsible for:
• Managing and learning product development
• Managing and learning vendor negotiations
• Managing and learning corporate calendar & timelines
• Monitoring and communicating product sample status to internal partners
• Tracking and understanding vendor performance and capabilities
• Communicating sample approval and modifications to vendors
• Supporting Team with alternate item research and recommendations i.e. vendor rationalization
This person must possess professional level communication skills and thrive in a collaborative team environment. Ideally, you will be working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business or Supply Chain. In addition, we are looking for:
• At least Junior Senior standing, recent graduates may be considered
• Cumulative GPA of 2.80 or higher
• Exceptional verbal communication and presentation skills
• Keen attention to detail
• An extensive knowledge and use of MS Office
This listing has expired
Verbal Communication Skills
|Years of Experience||--|