Accounting InternCrescent Electric Supply Co, East Dubuque, IL
This listing has expired
Careers. Powered By You.
Crescent Electric Supply Company has been empowering employees for over 100 years. Today, we have grown to over 150 locations in more than 25 states throughout the United States and have become one of the nation's largest distributors of wholesale electrical supplies. We stock everything from lamps and light fixtures to industrial automation products and networking equipment.
The key to our business’ success is our commitment to our customers and employees. We value relationships and believe in contributing to the communities we serve in a positive way. Our growth is the result of our commitment to building beneficial relationships with our customers, suppliers, and employees through total customer satisfaction.
If you're looking for rewarding career opportunities, you can also visit our web site at https://www.cesco.com/crescent_careers.html.
The Accounting Intern works within the accounting department to facilitate vendor payments by corporate purchase card; reconcile corporate purchase credit card purchases/payments; reconcile fleet cards; assist in month end and year end reconciliations of various general ledger accounts; prepare audit work papers; and tax work papers.
- Pay credit card invoices. Approve vendor invoices for payment. Assist with tax documentation and work papers.
- Assist with monthly general ledger reconciliation of various accounts. Complete deposit portion of bank reconciliation.
- Monitor Purchase Card outstanding payment authorizations and reconciliation.
- Function as a liaison between branch personnel and vendors for credit card payments.
- Assist employees with Fleet Card issues.
- Prepare internal audit work papers.
- Must be of sophomore or higher level standing in college/university.
- Individual must possess strong, comprehensive PC skills (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Must have ability to work quickly and accurately under time constraints and against deadlines.
- Must possess interpersonal and organizational skills, be a selfstarter, be detail oriented, and have the ability to communicate (verbal and written).
Family Owned. Culture of Quality. Opportunities to Advance.
Crescent Electric offers a caring and supportive environment where employees are provided with the resources and support of a large company. Quality is a way of life at Crescent. Over the last 100 years, we’ve made every effort to continuously improve and grow as a team. As one of the largest electrical distributors in the United States, Crescent Electric has over 140 locations from coast to coast with a variety of career avenues you could pursue.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we do? Check out our career overview videos on our YouTube playlist at http://bit.ly/2cVXeXn
Crescent is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Candidates are subject to assessments, Motor Vehicle record review, criminal background checks, credit and references check, and a post-offer drug screen.
This listing has expired
East Dubuque, IL
Audit Working Papers
|Years of Experience||--|