Senior Admission Representative/Admission RepresentativeLoras College, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Loras College was founded in 1839 by the Most Rev. Mathias Loras, first Bishop of Dubuque, who established St. Raphael Seminary to educate young men for the priesthood, but with the expressed intention also of providing an opportunity for higher education to the citizens of the area. The college has functioned under several names (St. Raphael Seminary, Mt. St. Bernard, St. Joseph College, Dubuque College and Columbia College), finally adopting its present name during its centennial in 1939.
Loras is a Catholic liberal arts college dedicated to the total development of the student. Small enough to be personal, large enough to offer a wide variety of quality academic programs, Loras College recognizes the human dignity of each individual and challenges men and women to grow with purpose and direction. Relating the rich liberal arts tradition to a changing world, Loras strives to develop active learners, reflective thinkers, ethical decision makers and responsible contributors in their diverse professional, social, and religious roles. The College has an enrollment of approximately 1,600 students and employs over 375 faculty and staff members. Although employee turnover is low, interesting and challenging employment opportunities do exist in a variety of technical and professional career fields. More employment information is available at the Loras College employment opportunities webpage: https://loras.applicantpool.com/jobs/.
Loras College is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an educational and work environment that is inclusive, rich in diversity, and supportive of all students, faculty and staff. Individuals from diverse racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruits high school and transfer students from outside the Midwest (including International) to the college, selling the opportunities, benefits and advantages of a liberal arts education at Loras College. Conducts admission activities that are within College policies and in accordance with professional ethics established by the National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC).
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Fluency in Spanish is highly preferred.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Manages an assigned recruiting territory.
- Communicates with leadership team to develop and adapt strategies to achieve goals (including but not limited to monthly/semester/annual enrollment goals as well as weekly phone call/texting goals.)
- Collaborates with colleagues in Admission, Financial Planning, Athletics, and other departments to maximize recruiting efforts.
- Reviews and decides completed application files. Be well-versed in financial aid literacy to effectively communicate aid, scholarship and merit information to prospective students.
- Plans travel schedule, visits high schools and represents the College at college day/night programs, as well as other recruiting events both on and off campus. Due to COVID-19 travel will be limited during the 2020-2021 recruiting cycle.
- Communicates with prospective students and families to increase awareness of Loras College and assist students with moving through the funnel. Coordinates with alumni and friends of the college to determine prospective student interest through recruitment programs.
- Represent the College at high schools, churches, youth organizations, and other organizations and events (in person and virtually)
- Collaborates with Loras Call Center to coordinate outreach with prospective students and their families.
- Give presentations about the College in individual and group settings (in person and virtually)
- Prepares written reports and coordinates office activities as assigned.
- Supports the mission and vision of the College and respects the College's Catholic tradition.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Assertiveness - Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Competitiveness - Willingness to strive to get ahead or to finish projects.
- Conflict Resolution - Ability to deal with others in an antagonistic situation.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures.
- Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Financial Aptitude - Ability to understand and explain economic and accounting information, prepare and manage budgets, and make sound long-term investment decisions.
- Goal Oriented - Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Innovative - Ability to look beyond the standard solutions.
- Judgment - The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Self Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of ones ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor's Degree (four year college or university) in almost any field from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Previous customer service or recruiting experience preferred.
Computer Skills: Skilled in the use of a personal computer and Microsoft Office Suite.
Communication Skills: Bilingual Spanish skills strongly preferred.
Other Requirements: Thorough knowledge of academic programs, financial assistance and activities of Loras College or ability to develop it. Ability to establish and maintain ongoing relationships with high school guidance counselors and prospective students and their families. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to adapt to the changing requirements and expectations due to COVID-19 (For the upcoming recruiting cycle the anticipated travel is minimal, but in the future the willingness to travel frequently during certain portions of the year will be an expectation. Valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record required.)
Please apply online at https://loras.applicantpool.com/jobs/ by uploading a cover letter and resume.
This listing has expired
Accounting Information Systems
Good Driving Record
Valid Driver's License
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|