Phlebotomist I-LaboratoryUnityPoint Health Finley Hospital,
This listing has expired
A CAREER AT UNITYPOINT HEALTH - FINLEY HOSPITAL
UnityPoint Health team members come for a job, but stay for a career. As a team member, regardless of your position, you'll get the chance to change lives on a daily basis in order to deliver our vision of the Best Outcome for Every Patient, Every Time. That privilege drives employees' passion for making a difference in the lives of our patients, helping them create healthier, more rewarding lives.
At UnityPoint Health - Finley Hospital, we know our collective actions determine the experience we create. Our team members strive to work as one through four key values:
* Foster Unity
* Own the Moment
* Champion Excellence
* Seize Opportunity
If you are interested in joining our team, please visit http://www.unitypoint.org/dubuque/employment-opportunities to learn about our many opportunities and to fill out an online application.
ABOUT OUR HOSPITAL
UnityPoint Health Finley Hospital is a 126-bed community hospital. We employ more than 800 full-and-part-time employees. Finley Hospital is a not-for-profit, locally owned, regional healthcare facility part of the UnityPoint Health system. Finley Hospital is committed to bringing the best medical care to the tri-state area. We offer comprehensive, full service health care that is coordinated around our patients. We have consistently been recognized as a leader in health care.
This is an internal posting for current UCL employees only. Work hours will be for 80 hours per pay period.
The phlebotomist plays an important role in the lab. The phlebotomist is the face of the lab interacting with patients and nursing personnel with the primary responsibility of collecting venous and capillary blood samples from patients of all ages and assuring these samples get to the testing labs in a timely manner.
Exceptional Care Delivery
- Greets everyone with a pleasant and professional manner, using patient experience best practice guidelines (AIDET, 5/10 Rule and No-Point, etc).
- Identifies patients and samples using two patient identifiers, always labeling samples in the presence of the patient.
- Performs venous and capillary blood collections for patients of all ages within specified safety parameters, timelines and pace (7 phlebotomies per hour).
- Assists with sample receiving and delivery of specimens to testing areas.
- Demonstrates knowledge of computer programs for patient identification, order, and sample tracking.
- Utilizes supply items in a cost effective manner, recognizing when to reorder, and assisting with unpacking and/or restocking items.
- Achieves basic understanding of lab tests to answer patient questions in an easy to understand way.
- Prioritizes work in the best interest of the patient, sharing the work with team members.
- Assists with training new employees and students, being helpful and supportive in their teaching.
- Demonstrates knowledge that patient and workplace safety is a priority by preventing errors, accidents and infections and reporting potential or actual concerns immediately.
- Attends department huddles, staff meetings and other required training.
- Checks emails regularly for huddle minutes and important communications relevant to assignment.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Prefer one (1) year of hospital clinical experience or demonstrated clinical efficiency.
This listing has expired
Packaging And Labeling
|Years of Experience||--|