Director of Community Mental Health Services (SE Iowa Division)Hillcrest Family Services, Washington, IA
This listing has expired
Founded in 1896, Hillcrest Family Services is a non-profit health and human services provider that assists children, adults, and families in need of help. In 2019, we delivered innovative, collaborative, and resourceful care to 37,932 children, adults, and families from 50 Iowa counties and 6 states in an effort to ensure they were safe, secure, and well. Our nearly 400 Hillcrest team members in 30+ programs served with compassion, integrity, optimism, professionalism, and respect in all their relationships. With primary programming and administrative offices in Dubuque, Hillcrest also operates programs in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Maquoketa, Clinton, Washington, Mt. Pleasant, Wapello, and Ottumwa. The agency operates with an annual budget in excess of $20 million, and is accredited by the Joint Commission.
Mission: Meeting people as they are today; Guiding them to where they want and need to be tomorrow
Virtual interviews available
About the Organization
Hillcrest Family Services is a non-profit organization that assists adults and children in need of help. Every day, Hillcrest builds confidence in hundreds of people and families. We strive to be a leading provider in supporting brain health and wellness. We’re a place where compassion is commonplace. Where our passion soars and faith restores.
About the Program
At Hillcrest Family Services, the compassion and extensive experience of our counseling team means we provide a broad range of mental health services and treat a wide array of conditions for individuals and families of all ages and backgrounds at our Mental Health Centers (MHCs), including:
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Couples Counseling
- Family Counseling
- Medication Management
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Psychological Assessment & Testing
As the Director of Community Mental Health Services, for Hillcrest Family Service’s MHCs South East Region; including Washington, Henry and Louisa counties, you will be primarily responsible for the oversight of the SE Mental Health Centers, which includes providing supervision and direction to the therapists, prescribers, nurses and office/support staff. In addition, you will:
- Be responsible for the fiscal oversight of the SE Mental Health Centers, as well as fostering positive relationships with community stakeholders.
- Provide direct service to outpatient therapy clients.
- Work with the Vice President, COO and Director of Finance to develop program budgets and monitor the fiscal management of the SE Mental Health Centers.
- Participate on HFS cabinet and act as a middle manager between the Vice President and other staff.
- Manage and track staff’s productivity on a weekly basis; ensure they are meeting productivity and timely documentation requirements.
- Travel between SE Mental Health Centers in order to effectively manage operations and provide supervision to staff.
- Maintain a small caseload of therapy clients, complete required documentation in a timely manner.
- Encourage and facilitate staff development; administer corrective actions when needed.
What you need
- Master’s degree in counseling or social work.
- Management experience in human services field.
- Moderate level of computer skills.
- High degree of flexibility and adaptability in pursuing multiple priorities in a dynamic work environment.
- Strong writing skills (experience writing proposals and reports).
- Strong verbal communication skills (teaching and presenting).
What Makes You Stand Out
- LMSW, LMHC, LISW or LMFT
- Knowledge of behavioral health/brain health
- Previous experience with electronic health records
- Eligible agency driver
Competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) with employer match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Tuition assistance
- Staff development and training
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job posting are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. A complete list of job duties may be requested at any time during the job application process.
EEO Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled
This listing has expired
Human and Social Services
Community Mental Health Services
Corrective And Preventive Action (CAPA)
Electronic Medical Record
Licensed Marriage And Family Therapist (LMFT)
Licensed Master Social Worker
Verbal Communication Skills
|Years of Experience||--|