Adolescent Residential Program ManagerHillcrest Family Services, DUBUQUE, IA
This listing has expired
Founded in 1896, Hillcrest Family Services is a not-for-profit health services and education provider serving over 20,000 individuals each year. With primary programming and administrative offices in Dubuque, Hillcrest also operates programs in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Clinton, Washington, Ottumwa, Monticello, Maquoketa and Thomson, IL. The agency operates with an annual budget in excess of 20 million, has 500 employees, and is accredited by the Joint Commission and Coalition for Residential Education (CORE).
Virtual interviews available
About the Organization
Hillcrest Family Services is a non-profit organization that assists adults and children in need of help. Every day, Hillcrest builds confidence in hundreds of people and families. We strive to be a leading provider in supporting brain health and wellness. We’re a place where compassion is commonplace. Where our passion soars and faith restores.
About the Program
Hillcrest's Anna B. Lawther Academy provides residential treatment programs for behaviorally challenged teens that are highly respected and nationally accredited. The academy is one of only a few providers in the State of Iowa that provides a full continuum of residential services on one beautifully landscaped campus with excellent facilities, and is located in Dubuque, Iowa. These continuum of services include: foster group care, a dual-diagnosis Psychiatric Medical Institution for Children (PMIC), an emergency youth shelter, supervised apartment living, an on campus therapeutic school, therapy and medication management, primary physical health care, and Integrated Health Home programming.
As the Program Manager for our adolescent residential program, your primary responsibilities include directing and supervising youth care staff in the implementation of the Six Promises Model with the students in our care. Additional responsibilities include:
- Providing direction and supervision to the youth care and counseling staff
- Completing the evaluations/ NEO checklists of the youth care and counseling staff in a timely manner as directed by the Human Resource Department
- Meeting regularly with all staff in the program, both individually and as a group, to communicate expectations, promote growth and ensure consistent and accurate implementation of all aspects of the milieu program
- Overseeing the scheduling of and follow through on the programs daily routines as they relate to the milieu operations
- Ensuring that a safe and caring environment emphasizing the SIX Promises, trauma informed care, and utilizing CPS within the milieu of the program
- Working closely with the youth care and counseling staff to ensure that an appropriate care plan, comprehensive child assessment, and safety plan has been developed in the for each student, monitoring implementation of these plans, as well as review and update plans as needed
What You Need
- Bachelor’s degree in a social sciences or related program
- Two years of relevant experience
- Capacity to relate to and work with behaviorally and emotionally disturbed adolescents.
- Must be grounded in an understanding of cognitive, physical, emotional and chronological maturation of children and adolescents.
- Ability to implement the Hillcrest milieu program methods in a caring manner and at the same time to be able to assign, direct, and motivate the other staff in the program in their implementation.
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to meet the requirements of an eligible agency driver required.
What Makes You Stand Out
- Master’s degree
- Previous supervisory experience of at least one year
Competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Heath insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) with employer match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Tuition assistance
- Staff development and training
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job posting are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. A complete list of job duties may be requested at any time during the job application process.
EEO Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled
This listing has expired
Human and Social Services
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|