EHR SpecialistHillcrest Family Services, DUBUQUE, IA
This listing has expired
Founded in 1896, Hillcrest Family Services is a non-profit health and human services provider that assists children, adults, and families in need of help. In 2019, we delivered innovative, collaborative, and resourceful care to 37,932 children, adults, and families from 50 Iowa counties and 6 states in an effort to ensure they were safe, secure, and well. Our nearly 400 Hillcrest team members in 30+ programs served with compassion, integrity, optimism, professionalism, and respect in all their relationships. With primary programming and administrative offices in Dubuque, Hillcrest also operates programs in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Maquoketa, Clinton, Washington, Mt. Pleasant, Wapello, and Ottumwa. The agency operates with an annual budget in excess of $20 million, and is accredited by the Joint Commission.
Mission: Meeting people as they are today; Guiding them to where they want and need to be tomorrow
About the Organization
Hillcrest Family Services is a non-profit organization that assists adults and children in need of help. Every day, Hillcrest builds confidence in hundreds of people and families. We strive to be a leading provider in supporting brain health and wellness. We’re a place where compassion is commonplace. Where our passion soars and faith restores.
As an EHR Specialist, your primary responsibilities include assisting the Director of Compliance and Quality Improvement in the oversight and direction of activities of the Quality Improvement Department. You will support the agency by overseeing or assisting with activities related to electronic health record systems, policies and procedures, data management, performance improvement, and workflow analysis. Additional responsibilities may include:
- Serving as part of the EHR project team.
- Supporting the agency by maintaining knowledge of systems and providing database management with report management utilizing SQL, programming, data mining tools, and/or system reports.
- Serving as a liaison to Information Technology Department (IT), in relation to EHR performance and assists in development of related training program.
- Working with programs/departments to ensure user satisfaction, including providing assistance with the EHR helpdesk and acting as contact person with external support departments, submitting and monitoring tickets as needed.
- Compiling and analyzing data as requested.
- Preparing reports and making recommendations as needed.
- Generating audit reports.
What You Need
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous education or experience related to electronic medical records or other customer management software solutions.
- Previous data collection and reporting experience.
- Valid driver's license and the ability to meet agency driver requirements.
- Must have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to maintain design revisions to data-entry forms and utilize queries for aggregate reports and further statistical analysis.
- Must be able to communicate clearly, tactfully, and professionally and maintain a professional relationship with all administrative and supervisory staff in order to facilitate program and accreditation compliance.
- Knowledgeable of HIPAA regulations, and ability to maintain confidentiality concerning all aspects of records of the agency.
What Makes You Stand Out
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education or experience.
- Previous experience in workflow analysis and performance improvement activities.
- Knowledge of SQL databases.
- Ability to write applications, as well as writing and testing code.
- Knowledge of designing tables, storing procedures, views and functions.
- Additional experience with database development and upkeep.
"Quality, Compliance, Time Management and Teamwork; these are the keys to working in Quality Improvement. Subsequent to becoming a QI Specialist at Hillcrest, I didn't know what QI/QA departments did for their company's. I've learned so much about why quality and compliance are so important and how everything is connected. I enjoy the job of the QI Specialist and what it has educated me on. There is never a dull moment in QI. Whether its incident reports, audits, ticketing system request, or a new project to work on. I appreciate the staff in QI and respect them for what they have done for this company and myself and am grateful for the opportunity to work with them. I love QI!!!" - Current QI Specialist
Competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Heath insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) with employer match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Tuition assistance
- Staff development and training
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job posting are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. A complete list of job duties may be requested at any time during the job application process.
EEO Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled
This listing has expired
Human and Social Services
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|