Customer Service SpecialistKendall Hunt Publishing Company, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
As a leader in customized education publishing solutions, Kendall Hunt has been privately owned and operated for almost 70 years. We currently employ approximately 180 people at our Dubuque, Iowa, headquarters, with an additional 70 people throughout the United States.
Our mission is to meet the specific needs of the marketplace in a unique and progressive manner, and we are committed to excellence and employee growth and development.
We offer career opportunities in sales and acquisitions, account management, project development, customer support, information technology, finance, accounting, clerical support and human resources. We provide a comprehensive benefit package and full-time and part-time flexible schedules, including internships.
Our Higher Education Division is a leader in custom publishing of high quality educational products, services and solutions to the higher education market, including digital solutions and eBooks as well as printed material.
Our PreK-12 Division is a leader in publishing solutions of innovative, hands-on inquiry based solutions for the PreK-12 market.
We also collaborate closely with our related educational technology solutions companies to develop and customize publications that integrate multi-media and technology to meet the learning needs and expectations of today’s students.
For more information, visit Kendall Hunt’s website https://www.kendallhunt.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/H
"Why can't I get this to work?!?!" Most of the time the answer is pretty simple, we just need someone to help guide us through. We call the customer service number or jump on live chat and hope that someone on the other end helps resolve our issues. How would you like to be the person on the other end that helps make someone's day a little easier? We are looking for problem solvers, critical thinkers and level headed employees to help guide our customers.
About the Job
As a team of highly motivated, customer-centric professionals, we're looking for the right person to join our Customer Support team to assist internal and external customers and answer their questions about using our products and services on various applications. This individual will interact with customers by phone, e-mail and also using our on-line chat function. Just graduated from college? Let's chat! This role is perfect for those who want to get their foot in the door at a well-known publishing company. This job is not a call center, it's so much more!
- Provide 1st level customer support via phone, on-line Chat and other social media tools
- Assist customers using products for the first time (i.e., purchasing on ecommerce, registering on websites, etc.)
- Troubleshoot problems customers may experience (i.e., password reset, wrong class registration, activation code not working, etc.)
- Research and resolve questions or issues related to order inquiries, proof of deliveries, invoice copies, credit card inquiries, KH website, etc.
- Update corporate CRM with information based on support issues handled
- Receive and enter customer orders
- Monitor back-order report and communicate options or delivery date changes to customers
Who We Need
- Someone with strong commitment to providing exceptional customer service
- Someone with outstanding active listening skills and the ability to engage with customers to determine their unique needs, and anticipate their next questions or concerns
- Someone who can manage the customer experience through escalation resolution
- Someone who is proficient PC and keyboarding skills with ability to multi-task between multiple computer applications
- Someone who has effective problem solving skills that help themselves to overcome daily challenges in potentially high stress situations
We're especially interested in talking with you if you're proficient using apps on computers, tablets and smartphones, as well as using social media tools such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc. Prior customer support experience, professionalism, attention to detail and accuracy, ability to multi-task and strong verbal and written communication skills are essential. Degree preferred.
- Full Time. 40 hours per week with potential overtime opportunities
- Job Stability. Kendall Hunt and their family of companies have been around for over 75 years
- Career Growth. Gain some great experience to promote to higher roles - many of our leadership and support staff started as a sales or service agent
- Benefits. Low premiums on our health insurance, with company paid disability and life insurance. 401(k) matching, as well
- Dress. "Dress for your day" dress code
- Paid Time Off. You receive 3 weeks of PTO at hire
Equal Opportunity Employer
This listing has expired
Customer Relationship Management
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)
|Years of Experience||--|