Youth Care WorkerHillcrest Family Services, DUBUQUE, IA
This listing has expired
Founded in 1896, Hillcrest Family Services is a non-profit health and human services provider that assists children, adults, and families in need of help. In 2019, we delivered innovative, collaborative, and resourceful care to 37,932 children, adults, and families from 50 Iowa counties and 6 states in an effort to ensure they were safe, secure, and well. Our nearly 400 Hillcrest team members in 30+ programs served with compassion, integrity, optimism, professionalism, and respect in all their relationships. With primary programming and administrative offices in Dubuque, Hillcrest also operates programs in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Maquoketa, Clinton, Washington, Mt. Pleasant, Wapello, and Ottumwa. The agency operates with an annual budget in excess of $20 million, and is accredited by the Joint Commission.
Mission: Meeting people as they are today; Guiding them to where they want and need to be tomorrow
Virtual interviews available
$0.20/hour on top of base wages for night and weekend shifts!
About the Organization
Hillcrest Family Services is a non-profit organization that assists adults and children in need of help. Every day, Hillcrest builds confidence in hundreds of people and families. We strive to be a leading provider in supporting brain health and wellness. We’re a place where compassion is commonplace. Where our passion soars and faith restores.
About the Program
Hillcrest's Anna B. Lawther Academy provides residential treatment programs for behaviorally challenged teens that are highly respected and nationally accredited. The academy is one of only a few providers in the State of Iowa that provides a full continuum of residential services on one beautifully landscaped campus with excellent facilities, and is located in Dubuque, Iowa. These continuum of services include: foster group care, a dual-diagnosis Psychiatric Medical Institution for Children (PMIC), an emergency youth shelter, supervised apartment living, an on campus therapeutic school, therapy and medication management, primary physical health care, and Integrated Health Home programming.
As a Youth Care Worker, your primary responsibilities include functioning as an integral member of a program team by serving as role model, parental figure, and educator to the youth in residence. In addition, you will be:
- Serving as a role model and facilitator of excellence to all areas of service delivery, both in internal and external relations
- Understanding what attitudes and conduct on the worker's part will be most conducive to healthy emotional development of the clients
- Cultivating a meaningful relationship with each client in residence while maintaining appropriate boundaries
- Assisting with therapeutic groups under the direction of the Residential Education Counselor
What You Need
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED or NCR accepted)
- Must be 18 years of age
- Strong written and verbal communication skill
- Basic computer/keyboarding skills
What Makes You Stand Out
- Bachelor's degree in a human service field or ability to meet BHIS credentials.
- Acceptable agency driver
- One year experience working with adolescents.
- Med Manager training
Competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Heath insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) with employer match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Tuition assistance
- Staff development and training
- Free onsite healthcare for employees and families
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job posting are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. A complete list of job duties may be requested at any time during the job application process.
EEO Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled
This listing has expired
Full and Part Time
Human and Social Services
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|