Mental Health CounselorHillcrest Family Services, DUBUQUE, IA
This listing has expired
Founded in 1896, Hillcrest Family Services is a non-profit health and human services provider that assists children, adults, and families in need of help. In 2019, we delivered innovative, collaborative, and resourceful care to 37,932 children, adults, and families from 50 Iowa counties and 6 states in an effort to ensure they were safe, secure, and well. Our nearly 400 Hillcrest team members in 30+ programs served with compassion, integrity, optimism, professionalism, and respect in all their relationships. With primary programming and administrative offices in Dubuque, Hillcrest also operates programs in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Maquoketa, Clinton, Washington, Mt. Pleasant, Wapello, and Ottumwa. The agency operates with an annual budget in excess of $20 million, and is accredited by the Joint Commission.
Mission: Meeting people as they are today; Guiding them to where they want and need to be tomorrow
Based on Credentials
Virtual Interviews available
About the Organization
Hillcrest Family Services is a non-profit organization that assists adults and children in need of help. Every day, Hillcrest builds confidence in hundreds of people and families. We strive to be a leading provider in supporting brain health and wellness. We’re a place where compassion is commonplace. Where our passion soars and faith restores.
About the Program
The Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) program is an effective, evidence based treatment program to provide in-home treatment, support, and rehabilitative care to persons with serious mental illnesses.
ACT’s wraparound services aim to reduce the number of people who are in and out of hospitals for treatment or who are incarcerated or in residential care facilities. This is done mobilizing mental health and treating people out in the community. ACT teams are made up of experts, such as psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, and employment specialists, who are on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
As a Mental Health Counselor, for Hillcrest Family Services, Assertive Community Treatment team in Dubuque, IA, your primary responsibilities include providing assessment and counseling to ACT team clients. In addition, you will:
- Coordinate and provide follow-up contacts with clients (ACT services are provided in the office, community and client homes) and referrals as needed
- Complete individual case notes within 48 hours of each contact into clients EHR
- Assist with developing and maintaining working relationships with other mental health practitioners, law enforcement officers, school personnel and other interested parties
- Participate in case consultation and function as an effective team member and represent the agency in a professional manner
What You Need
- Mental Health Counselor or marital and family therapist licensed pursuant to 645-chapter 31 (LMHC) OR
- A Social Worker licensed as a master or independent social worker pursuant to 645-chapter 280 (LMSW, LISW) OR
- An Occupational therapist licensed pursuant to 645- chapter 206
- Experience working with persons with severe and persistent mental illness
What Makes You Stand Out
- Approved agency driver
Competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Heath insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) with employer match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Tuition assistance
- Staff development and training
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job posting are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. A complete list of job duties may be requested at any time during the job application process.
EEO Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled
This listing has expired
Human and Social Services
Licensed Master Social Worker
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|