CookHillcrest Family Services, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Founded in 1896, Hillcrest Family Services is a non-profit health and human services provider that assists children, adults, and families in need of help. In 2019, we delivered innovative, collaborative, and resourceful care to 37,932 children, adults, and families from 50 Iowa counties and 6 states in an effort to ensure they were safe, secure, and well. Our nearly 400 Hillcrest team members in 30+ programs served with compassion, integrity, optimism, professionalism, and respect in all their relationships. With primary programming and administrative offices in Dubuque, Hillcrest also operates programs in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Maquoketa, Clinton, Washington, Mt. Pleasant, Wapello, and Ottumwa. The agency operates with an annual budget in excess of $20 million, and is accredited by the Joint Commission.
Mission: Meeting people as they are today; Guiding them to where they want and need to be tomorrow
Virtual interviews available
About the Organization
Hillcrest Family Services is a non-profit organization that assists adults and children in need of help. Every day, Hillcrest builds confidence in hundreds of people and families. We strive to be a leading provider in supporting brain health and wellness. We’re a place where compassion is commonplace. Where our passion soars and faith restores.
About the Program
The Residential Care Facility (RCF) is a residential facility for adults who have a mental health diagnosis that provides supervision in a safe, secure, and protected environment. The RCF offers the following services:
- 24 hour staffing and supervision
- Mental health support
- Medication management
- Social and community integration
- Physical and emotional health development
- Daily living skills education
As a Cook, for Hillcrest Family Services Residential Care Facility in Dubuque, IA, your primary responsibilities include performing dietary functions to assist Hillcrest staff including carrying out special functions i.e. banquets, parties etc. In addition, you will:
- Provide nutritious and appetizing meals in accordance with state requirements.
- Follow all client prescribed diets while serving
- Follow proper sanitation procedures, safety precautions and proper preparing, serving and storing food.
- Maintain cleanliness of the kitchen area and food storage room.
- Assist with keeping store rooms, coolers and freezers unpacked, organized and cleaned weekly.
What You Need
- High school diploma or equivalent
What Makes You Stand Out
- Valid driver license and ability to meet agency driving requirements.
- Experience in institutional cooking
Competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Heath insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) with employer match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Tuition assistance
- Staff development and training
- Free onsite healthcare for employees and families
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job posting are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. A complete list of job duties may be requested at any time during the job application process.
EEO Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled
This listing has expired
Human and Social Services
Valid Driver's License
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|