Workers' Compensation AdministratorPSSI, Kieler, WI
This listing has expired
From Taco Tuesdays to 60th-anniversary dinners, we’re in the business of protecting moments. At Packers Sanitation Services, Inc. (PSSI), people are at the heart of everything we do: our people and the those around the world whose food we work steadfastly to protect.
We lead the way for food protection with over 17,000 employees and over 500 food processing facilities that we service throughout North America. We serve as primary partners with plants both small and large. With more than 45 years in the business, our company is backed by a unique value-driven culture and entrepreneurial spirit that sets us on a path of continued growth in our industry.
Department: Workers Comp.
Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Hourly Non-Exempt
Reports To: Work Comp Supervisor
Work Schedule: M-F – Remote Work
Amount of Travel Required: 10%
Positions Supervised: N/A
A Workers’ Compensation Administrator is a hardworking, motivated individual who provides administrative assistance with the day-to-day workflow within the Workers Compensation Claims Team. The position requires daily interaction with a variety of workers comp stakeholders including but not limited to, injured workers, health care offices, plant & field management and our TPA claims adjusters. The individual must possess strong interpersonal skills to establish/maintain cooperative relationships with the various work comp. stakeholders with specific emphasis on prompt medical treatment and a robust return to work program.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/JOB DUTIES
To be qualified to perform a Workers’ Compensation Administrator role, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty promptly and satisfactorily, with or without reasonable accommodation:
• Set Up new claims as well as manage multiple claim files daily and in a timely & effective manner.
• Accurately and completely document claim information including conversations and maintain a comprehensive electronic file of communications related to the claim.
• Schedule daily tasks to follow up on claim-specific activities. Ensure tasks are kept current.
• Report claim information and injury reports accurately and promptly to the appropriate insurance carrier.
• Communicate with the claim’s adjuster, sharing information to ensure appropriate handling of each claim.
• Contact the treating physician following the injured employee’s appointment to obtain diagnosis, work restrictions and treatment plan.
• Contact with injured employees within 24 hours of the incident unless other specifications are noted, build a relationship and maintain contact with the injured employee and respond to any questions or concerns regarding their recovery or any other questions they may have.
• Act as liaison between all parties to ensure claims keep moving and employees get the proper treatment required to return to their pre-injury state.
• Provide onboarding training and conference calls with plant & field management when necessary.
• Participate in onsite plant visits when necessary.
• Support & Embrace Company Policies, Programs and Procedures.
• Other Duties as assign
• Previous experience with Workers’ Compensation or General claims handling
• Written and strong verbal communication skills
• Associate degree or equivalent education and/or work experience
• Microsoft suite experience
• Customer service (phone, email and verbal)
• Setting up/managing insurance claims
• Self-starter with the ability to work as a team as well as independently
• Ability to pick up new tasks as assigned on a daily/weekly/monthly/annual basis
This is a work from home opportunity with the Corporate office in Kieler, WI.
This listing has expired
Verbal Communication Skills
Workers' Compensation Claims
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|