Patient Service Representative - PRNGrand River Medical Group, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Patient Service Representative
Position will float between all Grand River Medical Group Clinic locations
Grand River Medical Group, a leading healthcare provider in the Dubuque and tri-state area, is currently seeking an experienced Patient Service Representative. This is a PRN (as needed) position.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Interview patients to complete insurance and privacy forms.
- Schedule and confirm patient appointments, cancellations, check-ups and physician referrals.
- Answer telephones and questions regarding insurance and payments and direct calls to appropriate staff.
- Review, update, or obtain patient information making necessary changes to ensure correct billing and enter demographics into system. Verify insurance information/status.
- Accept payment of co-pays, deductibles, statement balances and balance cash drawer daily.
- Schedule/cancel appointments for patients; ensure that all procedures are properly scheduled in the computer system. Complete schedule maintenance as directed.
- Perform clerical duties for the daily operation of the practice.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Three months to one year similar or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to use office equipment, such as computer, telephone, fax, copier, calculator.
- Knowledge of patient scheduling program and electronic medical record.
We offer: A competitive hourly wage and 401(k).
Grand River Medical Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.