Warehouse Lead Clothing/Freight Receiving/Split Outs/StockTheisen Home Farm Auto, DUBUQUE, IA
This listing has expired
Theisen's is an independent, family-owned chain of Home, Farm and Auto stores, with locations in Dubuque, Maquoketa, Dewitt, Anamosa, Monticello, Tipton, Dyersville, Vinton, lowa Falls, Charles City, New Hampton, Marshalltown, Cedar Rapids (2), Newton, Ames, Grinnell, Pella, Coralville, Indianola, Davenport IA, Sparta WI, Black River Falls WI and Jefferson, WI.
Theisen's is a member of Mid-States Distributing, a buying group comprised of independent, family-owned retailers across the country.
Theisen's was founded in 1927 by Leo & Kathryn Theisen. Theisen's headquarters are in Dubuque where the buying staff, advertising, accounting, human resources, MIS and distribution center are located.
Theisen's employs over 1200 associates. The philosophy at Theisen's is "people buy from people, not companies" and the company stresses that "our associates work with us, not for us". 6201 Chavenelle Road Dubuque , IA 52002-2634 (563)556-4738
Hours: Monday-Thursday 3:30pm-2:00am
DESCRIPTION: To receive on radio frequency monitors (RF.) and stock or split out freight from UPS, FedEx, LTL and full truck loads.
Education: High school diploma or GED or
Experience: 3-12 months preferred
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Associates who do not possess the requirements for a job at the time of hire are expected to attain the skills, knowledge and abilities required within a reasonable period of time as determined by the hiring manager. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The extent of the following essential job functions and responsibilities necessary will be determined by management according to need.
- Lead Person Duties
- Lead associates in clothing/freight, delegate and assign work
- Continually work to help improve productivity and improve efficiencies.
- Train new associates in Clothing and Freight Departments.
- Follow up on all discrepancies after receiving, reporting any problems to manager
- Work closely with buyers and assistants keeping them informed of discrepancies or problems with vendors
- Sort and organize freight shipments
- Inform Floor Supervisor/Manager of problems in clothing/freight area
- Provide input to manager for evaluations of associates in clothing/freight department
- Prioritize vendors according to Ad items, invoices due: receive vendors according to arrival in warehouse
- Work with Manager to determine work load needs (Scheduling extra hours, Temp needs etc.)
- Receive Freight
- Enter the P.O. number, looking up sku’s in computer to find po#, or calling AB
- Log the P.O. if not already logged
- Scan item and enter quantity received
- Pull items for split out, place in totes or boxes and push off into conveyor. Items for stock need to be put on shelf and scanned to shelf or “moved” location.
- Show how to properly stack pallets
- Scan ID on shelves when putting into stock.
- If needed, place tickets on items that do not have UPC’s or require price tickets.
- Deliver items marked to attention of a Buyer, Advertising, etc.
- Send Out Direct Bill Items
- Sort by stores
- Complete direct bill packing list and file in file box by the receiving office.
- Stack cases on pallets
- Special Orders
- Receive on a special order from. Sending one copy with merchandise, one copy to the office and filling one copy and putting it in the box by the receiving office.
- Putting Blue labels on the special orders to flag it for the stores. This also goes with Sku’d notes in the RF’s.
- Clean up
- Sweep floor
- Move pallets
- Teaching how to clean up high rack
- Other Duties as Requested by Management
- Help in other areas of warehouse when needed
- Any other duties as assigned
- Assist with training of new associates
- Ensure clothing/freight receiving staging area is kept orderly
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|