Who We Are
Area Residential Care is a private, non-profit, 501(c) 3 organization, created in 1968 by a group of parents and other interested parties. Its mission is to empower people with intellectual disabilities to achieve their highest quality of life. From its inception, Area Residential Care’s purpose has been to provide community-based services for persons with intellectual disabilities. The organization has grown over the past 40 years to serve an average of 250-275 people with disabilities annually; providing residential, vocational, and day services in Dubuque and Dyersville communities.
Through a variety of community-based residential and vocational programs, Area Residential Care helps people with disabilities become active, participating members of the community. Giving people with disabilities choices about where and how they live, work and socialize with their non-disabled peers is the essence of Area Residential Care’s purpose.
It is the vision of Area Residential Care that every individual has the opportunity to live, work, and participate in a supportive and accessible community.
It is the mission of Area Residential Care to empower people with intellectual disabilities to achieve their highest quality of life.
Area Residential Care is committed to the following values that support our vision and mission statement.
- Every person has rights and the responsibilities associated with them.
- Every person is to be treated with dignity and respect.
- Every person has unique needs and preferences that influence the choices he or she makes about his or her life and services.
- Every person is to be provided the opportunity to live, work and participate in recreational activities in the community as the natural environment.
- Every person is to be provided with encouragement, opportunity and supports to live life to the fullest.
- Every person is to be given the opportunity to provide direct feedback on his or her satisfaction with services, and given a prompt response to concerns.
Are you sick of sitting at that boring, uncomfortable desk that makes your back ache? Is your family driving you up the wall from being home all day? Well, if you answered yes (or even no) to either of these questions, then it is your lucky day!
Area Residential Care is hiring for a dedicated Direct Support Professional that wants to make a difference in the lives of adults with intellectual disabilities. We encourage compassion, creativity, and having fun while you work. Employees here develop long-lasting relationships with the clients we serve, and they create memories with them that last a lifetime!
As a DSP at Area Residential Care, you will provide dedicated service to our individuals. This means providing personal care, going on outings, participating in activities, and assisting with day-to-day life skills. No experience is required, we offer paid training and have two Education Specialists who will lead you through what it takes to be a dedicated DSP.
- -HS diploma or GED
- -18 years of age or older
- -6 months’ consecutive work experience
- -Valid driver’s license
- -Basic computer skills
What will make you stand out:
- -Previous DSP experience
- -Medication manager or aid certificate
- -Having a passion for helping others!
Area Residential Care offers a variety of perks including $1.50 weekend differential, a $1000 retention bonus, generous PTO, a retirement savings plan, and also health, dental, vision, and company paid life insurance.
Area Residential Care provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Area Residential Care does not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Human and Social Services
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|